U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 02:12 PM

214 posts, read 632,823 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on this builder? What are some of his neighborhoods, what is the quality like, etc??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 PM

5 posts, read 25,088 times
Default Greg Johnson Homes

I couldn't tell you about quality but I do know that he was the builder for the Twisted Oak subdivision and is now building homes in Hunters Mill... which was supposed to be the next phase of Twisted Oak. I was driving through Hunters Mill, stopped to check out a house and met one of the building supervisors. He was a real nice guy and told me that because they wanted to form a different HOA they changed the name. The ammenities look really nice, granite counters, hardwoods, etc. I did notice that in Hunters Mill they seem to leave some space unfinished but overall it looks like good value for the money.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM

401 posts, read 1,556,597 times
While he did not build my house, he did build several of my neighbors houses and they all seem to be happy with his work.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 PM

214 posts, read 632,823 times
Well, I did end up buying a Greg Johnson house in the Hunter's Mill/Twisted Oaks subdivision. I've only been in a couple of days, but so far we love the house. Granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, 2 story livingroom and foyer, 1/2 acre, etc.

I'll post more after I've been in the house for about a month or so and can have a better idea of the build quality, but so far I would definitely recommend Hunter's Mill to anyone/everyone if they can handle the commute.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:59 PM

5 posts, read 25,088 times
Default Hunters Mill

Let me know how things are going. Hunters Mill is a subdivision I am seriously considering right now. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2007, 08:18 PM

404 posts, read 2,534,449 times
whats the commute

Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 PM

31,415 posts, read 38,647,622 times
My wife are coming down next weekend to buy from Greg Johnson in Twisted/HuntersMill. We have our realtor there looking at available lots and we will buying then. We have been in the market for awhile and have sold our house in Maryland and will be retiring there. He came highly recommended by our realtor and as we compared houses and builders he won hands down.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:50 AM

35 posts, read 110,810 times
http://www.1270wmpm.com/includes/news.htm (broken link)

Quote:
Federal Lawsuit Filed In Alleged Johnston County Mortgage Fraud Scam - A federal lawsuit has been filed against a number of business owners and individuals in an alleged Johnston County mortgage fraud scam, and WMPM News has confirmed the SBI is now conducting their own separate investigation. The scam allegedly uses inflated appraisals and forged mortgage documents to obtain loans for more than what homes are actually worth. Named in the lawsuit include the Spence & Spence law firm, attorney Robert A. Spence Jr., Spencer Jenkins and Mark Lowery with JP Services, Greg and Elizabeth Johnson with Homes by Greg Johnson, Inc., paralegal Patsy Narron, Eldon and Elizabeth Standridge, loan officer Annetha Dunn, Sybil *****rd, Carol Grice Daniels, appraiser Rodney Taylor, and Fremont Investments & Loan Inc. of Florida.

The federal complaint was filed by attorney Belinda Sukeena on behalf of Dawn Higgins of Virginia . In 2003, Higgins was allegedly solicited by JP Services to invest in real estate in Johnston County . Higgins, an “unsophisticated investor”, had previously only purchased a home for personal use, and was apparently targeted because of her good credit, according to court documents filed by attorney Belinda Sukeena. Higgins traveled to Johnston County and looked at several homes which she was told she could buy at below market prices, which would have immediate and substantial equity, and was allegedly told she would not have to pay any money at closing. The “solicitors” claimed they had tenants to lease the property, covering the expenses until the homes could be sold in the future at a profit. Armed with Higgins’ personal information and a power of attorney, 10 homes were purchased in her name although she allegedly was only told about five of the transactions. In the end, mortgage lenders foreclosed on the properties, renters were evicted, and Higgins’ credit was ruined.

Spence and Spence reportedly employed the attorneys and staff who represented Higgins at all ten closings, the lawsuit contends. Loan officer Annetha Dunn is accused of processing mortgages for all 10 properties. The complaint alleges Patsy Narron was a “key co-conspirator working closely with the (defendants) and loan officer.” Rodney Taylor provided the appraisals for 9 of the 10 properties, and 6 of the 10 were sold by the Johnson’s and Homes by Greg Johnson, the 37-page complaint alleges. The Standridges allegedly sold three properties. Carol Daniels sold the remaining property to Higgins, the federal lawsuit contends. The complaint alleges many of those involved knew or should have known, but failed to disclose to the buyer, the properties were worth less than the sales price. Higgins was reportedly never notified JP Services was allegedly paid a kick-back of 10 to 20 percent commission, or that the lender was under the belief Higgins was making a down payment on the homes. Patsy Narron allegedly produced two settlement statements for each closing, one that showed JP Services assignment fee and another that did not. After closing on the property, the “solicitors” in the case failed to pay the mortgages on the property, even for properties they were receiving rents, thus ruining Higgins credit, according to Sukeena. Higgins attorney said the scam cost her client tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees, in addition to destroying her credit worthiness. The lawsuit was filed in US District Court. According to the FBI, mortgage fraud is the fastest growing white-collar crime in the United States .

Just so you know.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:27 PM

31,415 posts, read 38,647,622 times
I wonder what the alleged involvement of the Johnsons is other then being the builders of the houses sold. I am a bit surprised about the rental part. Wouldn't want a new home community where most of the neighbors were renting. Do you know what development this was and what the price range of the homes was?

Old 05-14-2007, 07:53 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,247,382 times
I think these homes may have been in Four Oaks.

Greg Johnson is a very successful developer in Johnston County. It makes no sense to me that someone who is selling as many homes as he is would be involved in a penny-ante scam like this one. As a real estate agent and a loan officer, I've seen this scam played out before and the place to start looking is the originator, JP Services. And remember, anyone can be named in a civil suit....the lender is being sued, and they're also a victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>