Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:21 AM

515 posts, read 1,712,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
I am shocked that there is going to be a new Target (and for that matter a Wal-mart and Lowes). They seem awfully close to the Target, Lowes in Beaver Creek and the new Holly Springs Wal-Mart. It would be nice to get some different stores.
I was shocked that they put a wal-mart in HS and kept the Fuquay one open but they said there is enough demand. I AM very surprised they feel there is enough demand for another one 5 miles down the road in Apex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 AM

33 posts, read 88,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
I was shocked that they put a wal-mart in HS and kept the Fuquay one open but they said there is enough demand. I AM very surprised they feel there is enough demand for another one 5 miles down the road in Apex.
Well, there is no Wal-Mart in Apex, so maybe they will attract those folks...and there is no Target in Holly Springs or Fuquay, so they will certainly attract some of those folks...

If I need something from Target, it takes me about 20 minutes to get there each way...though I'm more excited about the movie theatre

Old 01-05-2009, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,397 times
actually the theatre coming to holly springs will be a Stone theatre (a branch from consolidated theatres) and will be going in the "New Hill Place" shopping center. also a bowling alley and some other outlet shops. personally i cant wait untill the theatre comes here because i love working at theatres. also the target will be going in there too. but at the intersection of Avent Ferry and 55 there will be chick fil a, taco bell and kfc, harris teeter, cvs, burgerking, and more small little shops. well at least the HAWKS have somewhere to go now for lunch right? now we can stay out of fuquay!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 PM

171 posts, read 450,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
I am shocked that there is going to be a new Target (and for that matter a Wal-mart and Lowes). They seem awfully close to the Target, Lowes in Beaver Creek and the new Holly Springs Wal-Mart. It would be nice to get some different stores.
Couldn't agree with you more. Doesn't make sense to put another Walmart in that area. I'm not sure if/where a Lowes and Target are located near Fuquay, but I would think that if they were to put in a new Lowes and/or Target, they'd put it on the other side of Walmart closer to Fuquay well away from Beaver Creek in Apex.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 PM

725 posts, read 1,495,075 times
Someone told me the other day that Target was no longer happening. Can anyone confirm either way?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:21 AM

33 posts, read 88,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Someone told me the other day that Target was no longer happening. Can anyone confirm either way?
It's happening, though they may have decided against it being a Super Target

http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/dept/planning/review/08dp11/target.pdf (broken link)

Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 AM

725 posts, read 1,495,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw79 View Post
It's happening, though they may have decided against it being a Super Target

http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/dept/planning/review/08dp11/target.pdf (broken link)
Thank you.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 PM

119 posts, read 354,051 times
When is any of this stuff going to be ready to open? It seems like they have been planning the Harris Teeter and Lowes forever.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 PM

515 posts, read 1,712,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
When is any of this stuff going to be ready to open? It seems like they have been planning the Harris Teeter and Lowes forever.
Lowes has had to go through several re-submittlas of their site plan and as of yet still is not finalized although close.

HT was delayed because when they broke ground they discovered a natural water basin and had to re-do the whole site plan around that. Hopefully that center will go up quick now that it has begijn construction.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:49 PM

347 posts, read 931,621 times
"now we can stay out of fuquay!"

You will always be welcome out here in "the Quay"

It is nice to get some stores so I dont have to go to Cary or Apex or garner...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary