Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,535 times

Advertisements

I give up. Why does everthing bother you wild bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
I give up. Why does everthing bother you wild bill?
oh goody, a stalker.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Miami has direct flights from Raleigh every day and it's not too expensive. If you make arrangements early, you can get tix for $198 round trip. I take this flight all the time. Actual time in the air is only about an hour and 40 minutes or less depending on flight patterns and landing approaches.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gball721 View Post
2920-
We used to live in Gainesville, FL, and you could bank on some sweet (by upper Southern standards) beach weather in late Feb. just south of St. Augustine, FL --Crescent Beach. Those w/ the very thinnest of blood would say Vero Beach or south, but I'm going w/ Crescent. That's a 'quick' 8 to 9 hour car ride from Durham... (not sure where you're writing from) I-40 to I-95 south a ways and you're there.
I will second Crescent Beach! This was the beach I used to go to in college while living in Gainesville, and I really loved the feel of that little beach town compared to the feel of the beaches where I grew up. I remember going there once when it was cool and somewhat overcast, I think it must have been sometime just before "spring". To this Miami native, it seemed way too cold to get in the water at the time! Not because the water was frigid, but because it was very windy and it was a cool breeze - imagine getting out of the water into that, brrr! However, now that I am acclimated to weather in the 40s and 50s, it might not be too bad... It's all relative!

Crescent Beach is really nice if you're looking for a clean, laidback beach that is still somewhat a secret from the masses of snowbirds that flock to south Florida (or at least it used to be).

Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
St. Pete Beach on the west coast of Florida! If you're planning for late February you should be fine. I was able to go to the beach in late January last year - it wasn't ideal but I wasn't freezing either (I wouldn't have gone in the water though...TOO cold).

I-95 to 301 south to 75 south to 275 south and you're there, 11 hours (long drive but it's worth it! Short plane ride on Southwest)

Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
I live in Orlando. Today, it's going to be 83. I think you will have some warm days in the 80's, but some days 70's. Right now, the water is 62. Some ppl don't mind that, but it should be warmer then. You can take Allegiant air out of Greensboro to Sanford-Orlando for $60 RT, if you start looking now. Then you can head over to the coast which is 40 minutes from there. If you want to be more sure, you may go more south, but I think it will be nice in Orlando then. Actually, the week after starts spring break. There are kids all over and definately in the water. Let us know what you choose.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 AM

744 posts, read 1,262,921 times
I'm from Tallahassee, FL and I think the beaches on the Gulf side are way better (prettier water, whie sand beaches) than on the Atlantic side. Direct flights to Tampa are pretty cheap; fly into Tampa and then head to Clearwater or St. Pete. The Ringling and Dali museums in the area are also surprisingly good and a nice diversion.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post
I'm from Tallahassee, FL and I think the beaches on the Gulf side are way better (prettier water, whie sand beaches) than on the Atlantic side. Direct flights to Tampa are pretty cheap; fly into Tampa and then head to Clearwater or St. Pete. The Ringling and Dali museums in the area are also surprisingly good and a nice diversion.
Allegiant also goes to Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:27 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
Actually Allegiant flies right to the St. Petersburg airport (PIE) and I'm glad you guys brought this up, I totally forgot. I need to get down there and soon myself!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:13 PM

18,088 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Allegiant also goes to Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale.
Allegiant does not go to Ft. Lauderdale from NC. I just looked. Your choices in FL (from Greensboro, NC) are to fly into Tampa or Orlando or Daytona. Too bad because Ft. Lauderdale is one of my frequent destinations, but then again I'm not really interested in driving to Greensboro to catch a flight when I live 10 mi from RDU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary