Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 PM

12 posts, read 50,594 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is Dorcas and I currently reside in a suburb outside of Cleveland, OH. I am very much interested in moving to The Raliegh Durham area around Research Triangle Park or Downtown Raliegh but I am also looking to move to Charlotte. The problem is that Im an Administrative Assistant/Office Manager and I was wondering with this "Profession" where would I most likely be able to find a job between these to major cities. Also which city has more to do for recreation? In Cleveland they are praising North Carolina and especially the Raliegh area to be the next Atlanta. Thank you very much for your responses I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 02:39 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,666,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorcas12345 View Post
Hello my name is Dorcas and I currently reside in a suburb outside of Cleveland, OH. I am very much interested in moving to The Raliegh Durham area around Research Triangle Park or Downtown Raliegh but I am also looking to move to Charlotte. The problem is that Im an Administrative Assistant/Office Manager and I was wondering with this "Profession" where would I most likely be able to find a job between these to major cities. Also which city has more to do for recreation? In Cleveland they are praising North Carolina and especially the Raliegh area to be the next Atlanta. Thank you very much for your responses I really appreciate it.
I bet NC is getting lots of press up there. (I am from around the Islands west of Cleveland...and the only thing I miss since coming down here 3 1/2 years ago is the music/concerts in Cleveland. Not much comes through Raleigh unless you like country.) I certainly don't miss the weather!

I don't know about jobs in your field paying what you need, but there is growth, there are jobs, but they may not fall out of a tree and hit you, you do have to go looking for them a bit.

Dear me though, I hope we aren't the next Atlanta....I sort of like Raleigh as it is! LOL! It is growing though.

Anyway, if you have any more specific please do ask! Someone around here will have some sort of reply.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:49 PM

Thumbs up Charlotte or Raleigh Please help

Thanks for your response I appreciate it. Yeh Its freezing up here right now try 16 degrees and yes NC is getting tons and tons of press in cleveland and new york. What is your personal opinion is charlotte better or raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
I bet NC is getting lots of press up there. (I am from around the Islands west of Cleveland...and the only thing I miss since coming down here 3 1/2 years ago is the music/concerts in Cleveland. Not much comes through Raleigh unless you like country.) I certainly don't miss the weather!

I don't know about jobs in your field paying what you need, but there is growth, there are jobs, but they may not fall out of a tree and hit you, you do have to go looking for them a bit.

Dear me though, I hope we aren't the next Atlanta....I sort of like Raleigh as it is! LOL! It is growing though.

Anyway, if you have any more specific please do ask! Someone around here will have some sort of reply.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,281,123 times
Smile Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorcas12345 View Post
Welcome to the forum! I live in Raleigh (Obvious from my username) but I think Charlotte is a great place to live too. If I were you I would try and visit both areas before you decide to see which area fits you best. If you like them both I would just go where you land the best Job. I believe you will find opportunities as an Administrative Assistant / Office Manager in both Metro Areas.

If you look through some old post on this forum and the separate forum for Charlotte I am sure you will see multiple posts about the various attractions and activities of both areas. You can also perform a "search" for posts that have been made already on specific topics that you may be interested in such as schools, commutes, nightlife ect....

Some say Charlotte's Downtown Area is a bigger than that of Raleigh, and while I agree I like that by living in Raleigh I have access to Durham and Chapel Hill as well. Again...they are both great areas so it will pretty much come down to your personal preference and where you find the “best” job. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
You and me both! That is the last thing I want to see. No offense to folks from Atlanta on this forum, but when someone compares an area to Atlanta, I usual take it as a negative (ie. too much sprawl....gridlock traffic....decentralized downtown area)

Old 03-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Thumbs up Charlotte vs Raleigh (Please help)

Thank you North Raleigth Guy Looks like this is going to be a very tough decision however they are giving much respect to the Raleigh area in Cleveland but I am hearing that Charlotte is nice to. Thanks again. Oh as far as beaches are either close to a beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Welcome to the forum! I live in Raleigh (Obvious from my username) but I think Charlotte is a great place to live too. If I were you I would try and visit both areas before you decide to see which area fits you best. If you like them both I would just go where you land the best Job. I believe you will find opportunities as an Administrative Assistant / Office Manager in both Metro Areas.

If you look through some old post on this forum and the separate forum for Charlotte I am sure you will see multiple posts about the various attractions and activities of both areas. You can also perform a "search" for posts that have been made already on specific topics that you may be interested in such as schools, commutes, nightlife ect....

Some say Charlotte's Downtown Area is a bigger than that of Raleigh, and while I agree I like that by living in Raleigh I have access to Durham and Chapel Hill as well. Again...they are both great areas so it will pretty much come down to your personal preference and where you find the “best” job. Good Luck!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 PM

425 posts, read 1,257,031 times
http://www.raleighrealestate.com/jobs.htm

Good site for job searching in the RTP area ... Good luck with where ever you decide to move!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:35 PM

54 posts, read 359,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
No offense to folks from Atlanta on this forum, but when someone compares an area to Atlanta, I usual take it as a negative (ie. too much sprawl....gridlock traffic....decentralized downtown area)
I recently visited Raleigh and can't wait to move there. It reminds me so much of Atlanta 35 years ago (when I was just an itty bitty child, of course). Let's hope that Raleigh does not succumb to the sprawl and related problems that Atlanta has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary