U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 02:40 PM

404 posts, read 2,540,486 times

Advertisements

Im interested in some new starter home subs-
could anyone give me input on these.
Sumerlyn and peyton hall and churchill (all by centex)
Also,mingo creek and walnut creek.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,750,433 times
Hmmmmm....I know I looked at all of those, but I can't remember any of them personally. Sorry.

I did view Magnolia Village in Clayton by Centex. Gorgeus new community, although the lots were very small. I personally think Anderson is also a good homebuilder also to consider. Things that KB homes would consider an upgrade is standard in their homes. We are currently looking to buy an Anderson home and we have been so impressed with their service. The house is beautiful, the service has been great and we are looking forward to buying an energy saving house!

Skip KB Homes, what you are buying is a box at standard price, then paying about 20,000 to 75,000 extra in "upgrades" alone. Plus, it doesnt always come out the way you want it too.

JD Powers rated Centex as number one, you can't go wrong with that. I think my friends were looking at Summerlyn, if its near Walnut Creek, they backed out due to the location. Traffic in the morning was crazy, and even worse if there was a concert.

I'm currently in Raleigh, looking to move out to Clayton. Beautiful homes out this way, close to Raleigh, and alot CHEAPER!!!!

Good luck!
~Heather~

Old 03-07-2007, 03:17 PM

9,821 posts, read 29,048,579 times
I looked at a home in Mingo Creek this past summer. I have mixed feelings about that development. The subdivision appeared to include a mix of starter homes, larger more expensive homes in the mid to upper $200Ks, and town homes in the low $100K range.

The house we looked at had a STEEP driveway which really turned us off so we did not spend much time there. I liked the look of some of the streets in the development while others looked a bit bare without many trees. They had a decent looking pool, but I was surprised to notice that nobody was there on either occasion we visited even though the weather was nice and it was in the middle of August. I was also surprised that although you were required to pay an association fee, the pool are did not seem to be supplied with any substantial pool furniture. There was only one or two cheap white plastic tables and a handful of white plastic chairs (The Type you can buy at Walmart for $4.99). There wasn’t a chaise lounge to be seen anywhere which I found odd at a pool.

I may have caught the development at a bad time as there seemed to be a lot of construction going on, so I think it is still worth checking out. In the end my wife and I decided we wanted to be in Raleigh and crossed Knightdale off the list, but I think it has some good possibilities depending on where you plan to work.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:58 PM

404 posts, read 2,540,486 times
where is your anderson home,what suburb?
and how close is clayton to raleigh-i thought it was pretty far

Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,346 times
Hi All! I just moved to Clayton, which is about 30 minutes max commute to my job in Raleigh (Wake Forest Exit). Check out Lionsgate; very cute community.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:09 PM

251 posts, read 1,104,743 times
St. Lawrence homes or Drees would be my picks.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:40 AM

579 posts, read 2,775,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipstone View Post
St. Lawrence homes or Drees would be my picks.

lol.. mine too but these are not what one would consider "starter homes" given their price range.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,672,885 times
They have some lower priced models- smaller, no granite, etc. St. Lawrence has a bunch that start in the low 200's but it is under another division Broadstreet Homes or something like that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary