Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 AM

11 posts, read 28,072 times

Advertisements

We are looking for friendly neighborhoods with lots of families and a community feel to it. It would be nice if the commnuity had a community center and pool facilities. We've even heard that some places hold semi-annual block parties and barbecues. We'd love to find such a neighborhood! Any suggestions? We will be concentrating our search to North Raleigh or Cary, but would be open to other suggestions within the Wake school district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 10:09 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,917 times
We may need more info to help you narrow it down a bit - there are tons of communities with the amenities you described!

Can you describe more what your price range would be, what size home/lot you're looking for, if commute is an issue, etc.?

Old 04-07-2007, 04:13 PM

Lot size is a concern to us. We've seen a lot of communities where the homes are being built on .1 acres. Seems like a person should just buy a condo if they want to THAT close to their neighbor.

A price range of $250 - 300K suits us. Searches we've done on MLS tell us that's not really a concern. There seems to be plenty on areas with nice homes in this price range.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:31 PM

653 posts, read 2,987,917 times
Falls River in North Raleigh comes to mind, for the community pool/clubhouse and the planned social events. I was showing homes in there last Saturday, and they had the biggest community Easter Egg Hunt I've ever seen - with real pony rides and everything!
I'll think of some more tonight, but right now I'm going home to my own babies. Happy Easter!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Thanks. We'll look into Falls River. I thought the things we are looking for would be tough to find, but it it sounds like there are lots of family-oriented communities around Raleigh. Any other suggestions?

Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Most of the neighborhoods that have pools tend to have more kids. Bedford has pools AND tot lots and on a pretty day...you'll see tons of 'em outside. Its a wonderful sight.

I sold a home recently in Sunset Oaks and I haven't seen that many kids outdoors in ages!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary