Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:50 PM

140 posts, read 417,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NcerfromNY View Post
I have friends with kids at both -- and there are advantages and disadvantages of each. Cost is a consideration with St. Catherines, as is their discipline policy. FA has strict policies that are too militant for my kids, I just don't think they would ever assimilate. All of the above (and others comments as well) I think the very best thing for you to do is to tour each place and see which one seems right for your kids. If it's FA, cross your fingers, legs, and nose hairs and hope to get one of the precious few spots. I can tell you categorically that getting into first grade there will be a total crap shoot. Craps odds are better!
I love your comments. Too funny..I guess we are not getting in, because I usually have no luck And Yes I would like to have strict environment for my son, but not to the point of not letting his be a 5 yo. Kid are kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,418 times
I have a child in kindergarten at Franklin Academy. They are very supportive and use a lot of positive reinforcement. She receives, "caught being good" notes from her teachers, and they have a treasure box at the end of the week.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,354 times
I have a child in 1st grade, was there last year too, and I love the academic side of the school, but it is very VERY strict. The quiet, still, calm, polite, "perfect" children do great there, but watch out if you have a busy, active, "thinking outside the box" type of child or even one with a good sense of humor as there is not room for that at FA. The parents are great, but some are there way too much, there is actually a parent who has lunch with her child EVERY SINGLE DAY! Overall I love it and would not dream of pulling my child out to goto WCPSS, but you do have to make sure and back your child up and stand up for them, b/c the teachers and staff do seem to prefer the little perfect "soldier" type students.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:24 PM

80 posts, read 269,617 times
Have you looked into Quest Academy Charter School? I had 2 kids go through there and it was a great experience--wonderful teachers, top quality education!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary