U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,084,070 times

Advertisements

I've heard that taking a teaspoon a day of local made honey helps with allergies. I've not tried it before, but think I will this season. I'm tired of how my allergies keep changing over the years. Now it effects my eyes more than sneezing....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 PM

228 posts, read 757,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_B View Post
This will be my first Spring in this area. I've never had seasonal allergies of any sort - or at least I've never had any that were bad enough to notice.

For the past week and a half to two weeks my eyes have been driving me crazy. I feel like I have sand in my eyes and they burn and water. I've always lived in tropical climates where things are blooming year-round, so I don't know what to think.

What are the typical allergy-inducing things in this area?

Jenny_B
My wife and I are suffering bad and we don't have strong allergies. I think it's not due to pollen but maybe mold or something else. Remember there are many allergens; pollen is one but not the only. Regardless it really sucks. The only thing I can suggest is clean your house and see an allergist.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,978,507 times
I was home (Durham) for four days and sneezed a million times. Came back to Jersey and stopped sneezing. It was awful.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:26 AM

237 posts, read 716,575 times
The most probable reason your allergies stopped when you got back to Jersey is that your body probably built up a tollerance during the years you were there. This is going to be my first Spring here and I am not looking forward to it. Both my son and I have either been sneezing or eyes watering for the last two weeks also. I think my house is clean, but most likely we are seeing affects of dust this time of year. Dust mites can really cause a problem.
So far, I have been avoiding going for testing here, but may have to. I had a whole different group of allergens where we were before and I have no point of reference here yet.
Keeping the floors vacuumed and fans cleaned does help, but I have to believe there is something else in the air here causing it. Maybe with all of us on the board we'll be able to figure it out.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 AM

9,680 posts, read 25,667,452 times
We have a Miele but still need allergy meds.

NC is terrible for allergy sufferers.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:05 AM

15 posts, read 39,844 times
My eyes are doing the same and it's AWFUL! I'm from Florida and I've never had allergies like this. I bought some eye drops from Wal-Mart that my eye doctor recommended and they work wonders. They don't burn when I put them in my eyes and they keep them from drying out. They're a little pricey but very well worth it. Also, try Xyzal...it's a newer allergy medication but it's amazing. I was resorting to allergy shots because nothing my doctor gave me ever worked but they put me on that stuff about 2 years ago and I've never had a problem as far as sneezing or my skin itching. I'll try to remember the name of the eye drops and send those to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary