Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2006, 07:42 PM

24 posts, read 142,833 times

Advertisements

I am so glad I found this site! I thought we were crazy in wanting to pick up and start a new life....but we're not the only ones! We are a family of 5, our kids soon to be 13, 10 and 2. We have been doing some searching in where we would like to start a new life. It seems that Raleigh is a place that would be right for us. We are from Cincinnati, and have both lived here our whole lives. My husband is a CNC Programmer, and I am an administrative assistant, with a finance background.

Just a few questions...ok well several!

For those that may know...how is the city going to compare to Cincinnati? We do not live within the city, but outlaying suburb.

How likely are we to find a descent job? How quickly? I have read it is better to start looking once we are there as companies are less hesitant to hire out of towner until they actually reside locally.

What part of Raleigh is nicer for the amount of crime, and price of housing. We are planning on doing a short term rental until we are sure of where we would like to plant ourselves permanantly. I heard N or Raleigh is a bit nicer.

Any help directing us to a few nice properties or even rental houses in these area? We need at least 3 bedrooms, and something nice, but inexpensive. Especially at first.

Well I am sure I'll be posting lost in the next few weeks as we are eager to move and get started on our new beginning!

Thanks,
Carrie

Last edited by carebear3030; 06-18-2006 at 07:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2006, 07:42 AM

787 posts, read 3,583,292 times
Raleigh and the triangle area surely have a lot of possiblities especially in the medical field and pharmaceutical firms. As for comparing it to where you are from I can't. I have never been to Ohio. But I would thing that with the proper educational credencials you should be able to land a pretty decent job fairly quickly. But I would start looking and perhaps putting your resume on Monster.com

Old 06-19-2006, 07:54 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,407,422 times
Most of Raleigh's great for what you want. For the love of god, don't limit yourself to North Raleigh. It's getting overcrowded, overpriced, congested, etc. And it's really no "nicer" than most of the rest of the city...it's mostly just reputation for some reason.

Links removed - read forum rules

Last edited by Yac; 06-20-2006 at 07:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary