Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,918,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
Right because all hispanics are illegals and anyone not white asking for work must be a criminal
Actually if you ever took the time to read my prior posts you would find I am about the least racist person on the planet. That being said, the subject was about Hispanics known to be committing criminal home invasion burglaries. But to the hyper sensitive, just mentioning a specific race and a crime in the same sentence means one must be stereotyping, even though they do fit the description of said criminals. It's also known as political correctness gone amuck. The reason numerous LE agencies were mentioned is that chances are, one of them would apply to those pounding on homes, door to door.

If you care to forward me your address, I'll be more then happy to have them come by your home for some work. That way, you can judge the real reason why they are driving through neighborhoods entering people's homes when they are not home.
I will also list the race of the person, or persons, when known, in a criminal act. Yes, this includes white people too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 01:04 AM

280 posts, read 740,950 times
Thanks for the post.
Our car was broken into last evening atleast there was an attempt to do so.
We park the car outside the garage since the garage itself has the minivan and a whole lot of junk that we have accumulated over the years.Apparently someone tried to cut a part of the rubber siding that frames the passenger side window and even managed to lower the window about half an inch.They must have been targeting our GPS system. I am assuming they were scared off by something.
We live in a cul-de-sac Apex - a few feet away from Cary and this hasnt happened before in our neighborhood.I am really surprised that the thieves came all they way to the front of our fairly long drive way. And we were out for just 3 hours yesterday evening, now the car window needs to be repaired since it doesnt work anymore

Old 01-25-2009, 05:36 AM

5,742 posts, read 17,592,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-X View Post
Why would anybody leave their garage door open when they're home? Not only are they leaving themselves open to theft but they are also allowing rodents, insects, snakes and other creatures easier entry into their homes as well.
I've accidentally left my garage door open overnight a few times in the last year. Surprised the heck out of me that nothing was missing. I wonder if there is some kind of sensor that I can mount in the house to show me whether or not the door is open. We have a detached garage and the door is not visible from any windows in the house. I'd have to go outside and around to the side of the house to look.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:20 AM

535 posts, read 1,741,100 times
New, I have a switch on my basement door that triggers the light at the top of the stairs to be on if it's open. You could do the same.

We had the same problem in my old neighborhood. One person had their house redone, the contractor hired labor from a Lowe's parking lot. He drops the guys off, leaves and within the hour 10 more guys were out there hanging out. Contractor would return, everyone would take off. Within 2 weeks of the work being done the house was hit, all of the electronics gone. Family left at 9 for work school, returned at 2 and the computers, tv, dvds, etc - gone. Deputy came and noticed that none of the windows were locked. Family didn't think that they should lock them so they didn't. He wrote it up and left. A few months later I watched their place, I locked my keys in the house. Guess what? The windows were all unlocked. I locked them after I got the keys and told them. They said that they preferred them to be open. :P

Someone tried to get into my place in July, I leaned out the window and racked my shotgun, whoever it was ran off.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,046 times
Sorry, but you are judging an entire group of people by some who are perhaps criminal. I have had many hispanics and blacks come by my home asking for work. They have never broken into my home. Therefore, although there might be one group of hispanics breaking into homes (or not--I have no idea), I would not assume every hispanic knocking on my door is one of them. Additionally, your post suggest they are illegals. Even if the people who are breaking into homes came to your door, you have no reason to assume they are illegal, other than your stereotyping hispanics.

Sorry, but your post was racist in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Actually if you ever took the time to read my prior posts you would find I am about the least racist person on the planet. That being said, the subject was about Hispanics known to be committing criminal home invasion burglaries. But to the hyper sensitive, just mentioning a specific race and a crime in the same sentence means one must be stereotyping, even though they do fit the description of said criminals. It's also known as political correctness gone amuck. The reason numerous LE agencies were mentioned is that chances are, one of them would apply to those pounding on homes, door to door.

If you care to forward me your address, I'll be more then happy to have them come by your home for some work. That way, you can judge the real reason why they are driving through neighborhoods entering people's homes when they are not home.
I will also list the race of the person, or persons, when known, in a criminal act. Yes, this includes white people too.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 AM

475 posts, read 1,574,892 times
A co-worker stays in an apartment complex near Brier Creek, his wife's car was broken into last night. Someone broke the winshield and got the GPS out...absolutely scary.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,918,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
Sorry, but you are judging an entire group of people by some who are perhaps criminal. I have had many hispanics and blacks come by my home asking for work. They have never broken into my home. Therefore, although there might be one group of hispanics breaking into homes (or not--I have no idea), I would not assume every hispanic knocking on my door is one of them. Additionally, your post suggest they are illegals. Even if the people who are breaking into homes came to your door, you have no reason to assume they are illegal, other than your stereotyping hispanics.

Sorry, but your post was racist in my opinion.
You don't have to apologize, if you sincerely believe I was being racist, then by all means speak up. I do it myself all the time, right here. I think you, like so many others here are letting my screen name influence your thoughts on me. Perhaps you are stereotyping me? Do you know my race, or assume I'm just some tabaco chewing, Wrangle jean wearing,red truck driving, red neck? Do you know the race of my family, wife and kids? chances are, you think you have it all figured out based on my screen name, don't you? It's okay, I get it here all the time!

1. Given what we know IS happening in the Triangle regarding crime and the types of crimes being conducted. You are foolish not to be at least suspicious of ANYONE who comes to your door. Since residing here, we have had about 10 people come to our door and NONE of them were selling girl scout cookies, they were all up to scams or casing our, or our neighbor's house. This is fact and my surveillance system proves it. We have also hard stuff stolen for our vehicles three times now! Twice fake solicitors claiming to be from the Malachi house (spelling?) have come to our door. Once when my wife answered the door a large black 20 something male tried to enter our home, walking right up to her and almost forcing her back into the home! Then he saw me standing behind her with a baseball bat and stepped down. If I had not been home, it might have been bad! Was I wrong in mentioning he was black? A white guy came by too. Very dirty and seemingly high on speed of some type, he asked for work, or a "donation" was I wrong in mentioning he was white?

2. You have to follow the flow of the discussion, otherwise, as is usual, you take things entirely out of context.

3. If a group of Hispanic males in a small truck ARE KNOWN TO BE BREAKIN INTO HOMES UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING YARDWORK IN MY AREA. Then I'm going to call them what they are....."Hispanics, in a small truck, breaking in homes." Based on this, if they assume you are law enforcement of either......Immigration, FBI, Sheriff's, department, chances are this will cover one of their most feared form of cryptonite and they will run and run fast.

4. When the Johnston country Sheriff made it known to all he was racist towards Hispanics, who was there ripping this type of stuff to shreds? ME. I can post links to over 200 posts here, over the past 6 months pointing out my distaste for racial motivational posts and comments.

In my opinion you have taken the flow of the thread out of context and isolated a single sentence as proof my statement was racist. Nonsense!

I do respect your view and certainly find you attempts to squash things of a racial nature noble. I just disagree with this call, that is all.

Last edited by CarolinaCowboy; 01-25-2009 at 11:01 AM..

Old 01-25-2009, 10:55 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Quote:

Not sure everyone in the politics forum would agree. Not saying you are wrong but not sure you would get universal agreement there.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:58 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,152,505 times
I leave my car unlocked outside my apt all day.

Never leave valuables in the car. Only a deactivated cellphone that only dials 911 and a tire gauge.

Nobody messes with the car.

Perhaps better areas like Brier Creek and Cary are prime targets.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,046 times
Quote:
You don't have to apologize, if you sincerely believe I was being racist, then by all means speak up. I do it myself all the time, right here. I think you, like so many others here are letting my screen name influence your thoughts on me. Perhaps you are stereotyping me? Do you know my race, or assume I'm just some tabaco chewing, Wrangle jean wearing,red truck driving, red neck? Do you know the race of my family, wife and kids? chances are, you think you have it all figured out based on my screen name, don't you? It's okay, I get it here all the time!

1. Given what we know IS happening in the Triangle regarding crime and the types of crimes being conducted. You are foolish not to be at least suspicious of ANYONE who comes to your door. Since residing here, we have had about 10 people come to our door and NONE of them were selling girl scout cookies, they were all up to scams or casing our, or our neighbor's house. This is fact and my surveillance system proves it. We have also hard stuff stolen for our vehicles three times now! Twice fake solicitors claiming to be from the Malachi house (spelling?) have come to our door. Once when my wife answered the door a large black 20 something male tried to enter our home, walking right up to her and almost forcing her back into the home! Then he saw me standing behind her with a baseball bat and stepped down. If I had not been home, it might have been bad! Was I wrong in mentioning he was black? A white guy came by too. Very dirty and seemingly high on speed of some type, he asked for work, or a "donation" was I wrong in mentioning he was white?

2. You have to follow the flow of the discussion, otherwise, as is usual, you take things entirely out of context.

3. If a group of Hispanic males in a small truck ARE KNOWN TO BE BREAKIN INTO HOMES UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING YARDWORK IN MY AREA. Then I'm going to call them what they are....."Hispanics, in a small truck, breaking in homes." Based on this, if they assume you are law enforcement of either......Immigration, FBI, Sheriff's, department, chances are this will cover one of their most feared form of cryptonite and they will run and run fast.

4. When the Johnston country Sheriff made it known to all he was racist towards Hispanics, who was there ripping this type of stuff to shreds? ME. I can post links to over 200 posts here, over the past 6 months pointing out my distaste for racial motivational posts and comments.

In my opinion you have taken the flow of the thread out of context and isolated a single sentence as proof my statement was racist. Nonsense!

I do respect your view and certainly find you attempts to squash things of a racial nature noble. I just disagree with this call, that is all.

Well we will have to just disagree on this one. And I don't have any idea what is wrong with your username or why you think I would judge based on this. Having lived out West for years, I am very familiar with cowboys and don't understand why anyone would negatively judge them. That's very defensive of you. Should I suggest your problems with my post is that you don't like frogs or toads?

I am judging on nothing other than the sweeping generalizations in the post. It's called profiling and I feel very badly for those Hispanics out in the neighborhood looking for work who are being viewed as illegal criminals when most are honest, hard-working people trying to get by by working their you-know-whats off for very low pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary