Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:00 PM

560 posts, read 1,549,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I'm doing my part for the local economy and considering buying a new mattress at the Original Mattress Factory. My understanding is that the store here in Raleigh builds the box springs and mattresses right here in town. I've searched a few older threads and it would appear they have a good track record. However since this is a big purchase for me I thought I would check in and see if anybody has any more recent feedback on the quality of the mattresses they sell. Thanks for the insight.
I bought a new mattress from them (the store off glenwood avenue) just this month and they delivered it on Friday. And it is great, their service is great too. I would recommend them! You won't be sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Hubby and I purchased a king size pillowtop about 5 years ago. It is the best mattress that I have ever slept on.

A few months ago, we purchased a double for my daughter. She is 15 years old and it was funny to watch "her" shop and the salesperson who was helping her did a very good job, treating her as if she was his best customer!

They always deliver on time and the delivery folks are quite friendly and helpful.

Vicki

Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 AM

35 posts, read 144,127 times
North_Raleigh_Guy,

Let us know what you decide and if you go with OMF, what your thoughts are!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:56 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,969 times
We're also doing mattress research now as our King is on its last legs and breaking my back.

I'm glad to see so many are happy with the OMF and we will definately check them out. I will say that I would prefer more coils than they put in their beds but we'll see how it pans out.

I found this guide that helps you decipher mattress quality/talk;
What's the Best - Mattress

The costco mattress look to be really good quality so we'll be checking them out along with OMF. We're waiting for the next holiday sale to do the buying.

Lauren

Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
We're also doing mattress research now as our King is on its last legs and breaking my back.

I'm glad to see so many are happy with the OMF and we will definately check them out. I will say that I would prefer more coils than they put in their beds but we'll see how it pans out.

I found this guide that helps you decipher mattress quality/talk;
What's the Best - Mattress

The costco mattress look to be really good quality so we'll be checking them out along with OMF. We're waiting for the next holiday sale to do the buying.

Lauren

Great thing about OMF is that they don't put on a sale anytime an excuse can be drummed up to justify one.

Prices are right on the website and salespeople don't push you.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 AM

525 posts, read 1,298,132 times
Just wanted to bump this up and say that I bought a mattress for our guest room this past weekend at OMF. The prices are VERY reasonable, and the bed is extremely comfortable. Definitely would recommend.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 11,490 times
I would NOT reccomend them. We were happy for about five years and flipped/rotated on a regular basis. After that it went downhill fast and we are both sore and miserable in the morning. We are looking into the warranty but do not have much hope as the warranty does not cover loss of comfort or support. The mattress is supposed to have a 12-year-warranty.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:20 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,839 times
I'm on my 11th year on my queen pillowtop from OMF and am still extremely happy. No sagging. No loss of support. No going "downhill" either. Another positive rating here as well!

Old 02-14-2009, 04:44 PM

563 posts, read 956,178 times
I purchased my queen mattress from TOF about 4 years and it is still great!

Old 03-11-2009, 05:11 PM

675 posts, read 1,833,326 times
So here's a question... We visited the Glenwood Ave location today, and very much liked the lack of pushiness and how knowledgeable the sales guy was. I know they're factory direct, so there's no middle man, and the prices are very upfront & competitive... but does anyone dicker on the price with OMF? I LOVE negotiating on prices for any big ticket item, but am less likely to want to rake over the coals a local company selling direct. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Last edited by JimmyO; 03-11-2009 at 05:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary