Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM

187 posts, read 345,201 times

Advertisements

I bought a queen bed from them a few months ago and had a great experience. The sales guy was very patient, didn't rush me. The delivery guys were nice, efficient. And it's a great bed. All around good experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 09:49 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,283 times
I'm sleeping well on my 3 month old Ortho. Ultra Firm :>

The only pain is flipping it by myself. (Queen size)

Old 12-15-2011, 10:23 AM

18,056 posts, read 15,645,534 times
I purchased a different brand in a super firm configuration (and no pillowtop) as I didn't want that indentation one gets over time. Complete with extra coils around the edges.

Then I purchased a 2" memory foam topper, so I could have it softer but also change it out when it needed to be. Ahhhhhhh. It's holding up great, at 8+ years and counting, and is supportive and comfortable (no flipping needed) and like heaven.

However, my next mattress, whenever that may need to be, will come from the OMF since everyone's experiences are really good there.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I purchased a different brand in a super firm configuration (and no pillowtop) as I didn't want that indentation one gets over time. Complete with extra coils around the edges.

Then I purchased a 2" memory foam topper, so I could have it softer but also change it out when it needed to be. Ahhhhhhh. It's holding up great, at 8+ years and counting, and is supportive and comfortable (no flipping needed) and like heaven.

However, my next mattress, whenever that may need to be, will come from the OMF since everyone's experiences are really good there.
That's what we just did. Bought a firm bed and bought a 3" 4-lb density memory foam topper for it. Apparently the reason mattresses start to sag is due to the foam breaking down - the coils typically will last many, many, many years. So I figured, buy a mattress with the least amount of foam padding and put one on top that can easily be replaced.

I'll be honest we went to the Original Mattress Factory and I wasn't impressed at all. We ended up leaving. I was surprised, I must be the only person in the world who didn't like their product.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 AM

18,056 posts, read 15,645,534 times
I've never been to their store/factory.

What didn't you like about their product?

Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM

I dunno the whole experience was just bad. The store was dingy and the beds felt and looked like something my grandmother would sleep on. Just not comfortable at all. I also like the pocketed coils over the entire bed having all the springs attached, that was a vast improvement in design. The beds we looked at there were the "old style" attached kind. I'm thinking in my head "everyone else is doing the new design, yet you are still stuck in the old way...and saying they're wrong".

The salesman was way too enthusiastic and kinda bagged on the other companies as well, even though their mattresses are also made in NC.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:18 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
haha I think the salesman meant to say every two months. Every two weeks would be excessive! But it certainly wouldn't hurt your mattress if you did do that

I love our OMF mattress. Haven't slept so well in years.
No, this is what they recommend. Every 2 weeks for the first 3 months, I think it was.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 AM

393 posts, read 652,170 times
Thanks for the comments everyone. After sleeping 2 nights on this mattress I can say its FIRM for darn sure. Last night was better than the first and I am glad I bought this mattress. I think within the week my body will get use to this bed and I will sleep much better than I have in the past 6 months on a super expensive Sealy that basically fell apart.
The wife hasnt complained yet so I am assuming she is comfortable with it until I get her a topper this weekend. With the last mattress she complained the first night she slept on it. Right now I can say I am happy with my purchase.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:15 AM

Depending on the type of topper, I found Amazon blew Bed Bath & Beyond out the water. BB&B wanted $350 ($270 after 20% coupon + tax) for their top of the line memory foam made in China King topper. We just weren't happy with it. Bought one on Amazon for $170 shipped for a 3" 4 lb density one made here in the USA and it's far and wide higher quality and firmer.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
I've been on my OMF mattress for almost a year now, and I still love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary