Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2007, 06:43 PM

315 posts, read 767,567 times

Advertisements

I am begining to look at the Cary area for a possible relocation. I've noticed that the houses are a little high in prices, so I've looked at Apex and Holly Springs. I've noticed that alot of houses are empty, is there any particular reason for this?

We do not want rural. We like close shopping and entertainment while having good schools and safety. I don't like run down houses along sides of one lane roads and I'd like a home that is under 5 years old for between $225k-$275k.

I would love some inputs on areas that meet what we are looking for. Also, my husband is an electrician, so I would like to know how commuting is in the area.

One last thing, are there alot of transplants in the area, or will we be out of place coming from up north?

Thanks for your input!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 07:02 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
One last thing, are there alot of transplants in the area, or will we be out of place coming from up north?

Thanks for your input!!!
I'll let the realtors comment on your housing needs. But I think you will find the homes are empty because alot of folks get transferred because of a job. Thus they move before the house is sold. Seems fairly common.

In terms of transplants in the area, I think you will find the majority of your neighbors are not from NC. You will find most folks have moved there from either Northern States or the west coast. We are moving back to NC from Portland. And one of the things that I'm looking forward to is like here in Portland, most residents of the Triangle are from all over the US. It's a melting pot. But you will find some wonderful natives as well. Good luck to you.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:45 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,254 times
Well, there are more and more homes now in western Raleigh in that price range. And you'll be closer to the shopping, entertainment, etc....and good schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary