Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:14 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,732,481 times

Advertisements

Could I ask why you want to know? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
There is usually owner contact information on a small sign posted on the poles.
I already look even zoom in my camera on the lines to see if if they had any markings and there is only reflective tape but thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnraleigh View Post
It looks like at that exact location to the North of Scott King road is owned by the city of Durham. To the south are a bunch of private plots including a large plot owned by 'JORDAN AT SOUTHPOINTE LLC'. Duke Power does own land over there, but it spread out.

-Duke Power Plots
-City of Durham Plot

Make sure to click on the Map tab at the top of your selected parcel to verify it's location in the city of Durham plot. You are also able to select the 'Identify Map Features' mouse tool once in the map to click on additional plots to see who owns them. Hope this helps.

This is awesome information. I appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Could I ask why you want to know? Just curious.
I do future cell tower location planning for work.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:05 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I do future cell tower location planning for work.
Since there are several of us CD users that live in this area, can you make sure it blends in nicely.... like one of those pine tree towers? You could even put a little CD flag on the pine tree tower.

I do know that cell phone reception inside some of the homes in Fairfield (a stones through from where you are talking about) is terrible. I don't know if the attics are lined w/ tin foil or what. With At&t 3g works ok, but anything lower and forget it.... your walking to the mail box to make a call.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Since there are several of us CD users that live in this area, can you make sure it blends in nicely.... like one of those pine tree towers? You could even put a little CD flag on the pine tree tower.

I do know that cell phone reception inside some of the homes in Fairfield (a stones through from where you are talking about) is terrible. I don't know if the attics are lined w/ tin foil or what. With At&t 3g works ok, but anything lower and forget it.... your walking to the mail box to make a call.
Due to strict zoning of the area which is good far as ascetics that you are referring to. Here is photo of another carrier already on the top of the transmission line in reference and the possible location of this one will be like this one. It on the tower on the right in the distance

This transmission line is just a possible location and not set but since you live in the area .. Do you know of anything else within one mile of these lines that is tall and above tree line? I couldnt find anything else yesterday but I also had to deal with the bottom dropping out of the sky working against me in trying to find anything tall. Like a water tower, church steeple etc. ?

Btw I thought the subdivision of "The Hills Of Southpoint was really cute or is going to be cute when it is finish.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:08 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,276 times
Quote:
Like a water tower, church steeple etc. ?
LOL!!! A church steeple? Seriously??? Wow, I'm going to have to start looking up to see where these things are posted.

The only tower I can think of is the fake smoke stack that is part of Southpoint mall... but it's not very tall and I doubt they would go for this.

Sorry, I can't think of any water towers or steeples. You might look closer to hwy 55... east of the area you are looking at.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 PM

158 posts, read 472,625 times
Quote:
Do you know of anything else within one mile of these lines that is tall and above tree line?
There's a water tower located in the Duke Power converter station located here. My bill is in the mail by the way

Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 PM

447 posts, read 1,717,767 times
Quote:
There's a water tower located in the Duke Power converter station located here. My bill is in the mail by the way
Heh that water tower has something on it already, cell or mircowave of some sort from the shadows I see on the ground. Seems to me I remember a communications tower in that area, but it might have been from a company that is no longer there. I don't see any towers in the FCC database within a kilometer of there so I am probably remembering something from 10 years ago.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
LOL!!! A church steeple? Seriously??? Wow, I'm going to have to start looking up to see where these things are posted.

The only tower I can think of is the fake smoke stack that is part of Southpoint mall... but it's not very tall and I doubt they would go for this.

Sorry, I can't think of any water towers or steeples. You might look closer to hwy 55... east of the area you are looking at.
Thanks the mall is to far away it has to be within 1 to 1.5 miles from those coordinates mention above.
(useless knowledge
)
There is a church in Southern Village, Chapel hill that it steeple is a cell tower. Also on the sides of building where the dermatology is located has towers http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...0/100_0150.jpg

Quote:
you are providing me such good information I really appreciate it. Your bill has no affect on me

Old 01-29-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckreis View Post
Heh that water tower has something on it already, cell or mircowave of some sort from the shadows I see on the ground. Seems to me I remember a communications tower in that area, but it might have been from a company that is no longer there. I don't see any towers in the FCC database within a kilometer of there so I am probably remembering something from 10 years ago.
Ill probably physically go and check it out to see if it is too crowded.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Do you have the address or coordinates for this water tower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary