Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:13 AM

36 posts, read 214,333 times

Advertisements

I thought it might be helpful to list places in the triangle area where kids can have fun And if you've visited any of these places let us know how it was.

I work in RTP, and Frankies Fun Park just opened up near by. Looks like loads of fun - can't wait to try it with my 2 kids.

www.frankiesfunpark.com/raleigh/

Bullwinkles looks like another cool place to go to with the kiddies. It's in Raleigh, near the Cary Town Center mall.

http://www.bullwinkles.com/

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
We are also huge fans of Frankies, great place for a birthday party. It went FLAWLESS and the management was wonderful!

Chuck E Cheese is located on Capital Blvd, thats another place to check out.

For the little tots, playspace (if they are still open) on Glenwood toward downtown is alot of play fun for kids!

Pullen Park near Western Blvd has a merry go round, bumper boats, train ride, paddle boats and two really big playgrounds, great for a family outing.

Museum of Life and Science (in Durham) is one of our personal favorites! They have a butterfly house, lots of real animals and of course, a museum packed full of fun things to do!

Morehead Planetarium and Science Center (in Chapel Hill), not a bad drive.

Triangle Metro Zoo (in Wake Forest)..are they still open?

North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences off of West Jones street in downtown Raleigh.

Exploris which is near the Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh

Musuem of Art, sometimes boring for kids since they typical go on school outings.

Advenure Landing on Capital Blvd

Of course, you got your Durham Bulls & Carolina Hurricanes..definately worth mentioning!!!

Emerald Pointe waterpark is in Greensboro, thats about an hour and a half drive outside of Raleigh.

The NC Zoo is about a two hour drive in Asheboro.

Okay, so I included some "outside of Raleigh" daytrips too, great for weekend trips!

~Heather~

Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 PM

991 posts, read 4,617,303 times
How about carowinds? I know it is outside the Triangle area.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:34 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Carowinds is in Charlotte, NC which is about a three hour drive away. Kings Dominion in VA is about the same distance, so is Busch Gardens.
Still, not a bad drive!

Also, Myrtle Beach is about a four hour drive away, lots of fun stuff for kids, you really cant go wrong there either!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:19 AM

We went to the NC zoo this weekend - it was fun! The elephants, rhinos and lions weren't there (they're redoing their habitats) but it was an enjoyable day.

I think the Triangle Metro Zoo is closed - per their website.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:13 AM

Anyone else have anything else to add?

Old 05-22-2007, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 29,279 times
Talking Pump It Up

Pump It Up is a great place for kids to have indoor parties. Almost everything is inflatable. They have a location near Brier Creek in Raleigh and one in Wake Forest. Check them out on the web.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:35 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I would say my kids have the most fun at the NC Museum of Life and Science in Durham. Wonderful place!

Leigh

Old 05-22-2007, 09:53 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Paddling around Lake Johnson
new climbing wall and public tennis courts in Cary
The Ice House skating rinks
Jellybeans
Hemlock Bluffs nature preserve
Eno River programs
The Scrap Exchange
Silver Lake Water Park
Lake Johnson public swimming pool with a small water park
Raleighwood
Kenny's corn maze
Kazoom Puppet Theater
public Library programs

Old 05-22-2007, 10:18 AM

548 posts, read 2,647,149 times
My favorite spots are simple outdoor areas/trails, etc. which there are TONS of. We go for a long hike every weekend and the kids love it.

Eno State Park is one of my favorites, but there are tons of local trails everywhere too. My kids never tire of good old rocks and sticks and streams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary