Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 7,717 times

Advertisements

Hey has anyone had a synthetic putting green put in. My husband's birthday is coming up and since he enjoy's golf so much i thought i could have a green put in so he could practice at home. I had a company come in to design it and everything looks great. They are incorporating it into our landscape and adding landscape lighting so we can use it in the evenings for entertainment. Just wanted to see if has had any experience with them. The samples he brought looked great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,870 times
Default Putting green

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula sadler View Post
Hey has anyone had a synthetic putting green put in. My husband's birthday is coming up and since he enjoy's golf so much i thought i could have a green put in so he could practice at home. I had a company come in to design it and everything looks great. They are incorporating it into our landscape and adding landscape lighting so we can use it in the evenings for entertainment. Just wanted to see if has had any experience with them. The samples he brought looked great!
Yes, I have a smaller green 12x20 with 3 holes put in. I have had it for 2 years now and i love it. It is real similar to the greens at the course, and provides our family with ours of entertainment. Me and my golf buddies play 21(last one to 21 strokes wins) on it when i have them over. You have to be careful about which turf you put down though, because their are different grades and qualities. The polypropolene turf is the best.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 7,717 times
Default Who put your green in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow harris View Post
Yes, I have a smaller green 12x20 with 3 holes put in. I have had it for 2 years now and i love it. It is real similar to the greens at the course, and provides our family with ours of entertainment. Me and my golf buddies play 21(last one to 21 strokes wins) on it when i have them over. You have to be careful about which turf you put down though, because their are different grades and qualities. The polypropolene turf is the best.
If you don't mind me asking who put your green in for you.? And do they offer other landscape services.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:07 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,094,205 times
Didn't someone in the Triangle area spend $16,000 to replace their lawn with artificial turf, and their HOA objected, so he had to rip it out? Or was that somewhere else?

Old 02-01-2009, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 7,870 times
Default grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Didn't someone in the Triangle area spend $16,000 to replace their lawn with artificial turf, and their HOA objected, so he had to rip it out? Or was that somewhere else?
yes i think it was in raleigh. That was terrible. That doesn't apply for just small backyard greens though. He changed his entire lawn out. That is the only yard i've heard about being replaced totally with synthetic grass. I've seen several backyard playgrounds with synthetic on them. Guess it makes sense, so the kids don't roll around in the mulch.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 8,902 times
Default who put in the putting green

I am also curious who put in the putting green and how it looks.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:24 AM

214 posts, read 695,223 times
I was thinking about getting some for a play area thats too wooded for grass. I saw some on costco's website that was $3.33 per sq ft, but there was no information about how to install it and what you need to do for ground preparation.

fake grass

Old 06-05-2009, 10:30 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,094,205 times
I saw it used at an animal shelter, and it looks incredible.

Be sure you check with your HOA first!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 8,902 times
It is looking more and more realistic these days. I have installed some before. It is not too difficult, just very awkward to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary