Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,327 times

Advertisements

Movie to be shot in Durham :: WRAL.com

Here's some good news and a little extra revenue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 10:57 AM

415 posts, read 1,110,206 times
sounds like fun! I'll bet it would be a fun experience to be an extra. I lived in South Florida for many years, and having film crews clog up the streets is incredibly annoying for people trying to go about their every-day business, but if they are going to be filming in many different locations hopefully it won't be too much trouble.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
This is great for the Bull City, but are these filmakers out of their gourds? Don't they know that they're sure to get shot while working in Durham? I wonder why they didn't decide to film in Cary where they'd be so much safer?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
This is great for the Bull City, but are these filmakers out of their gourds? Don't they know that they're sure to get shot while working in Durham? I wonder why they didn't decide to film in Cary where they'd be so much safer?
Did you notice the title of the article?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,638 times
Quote:
Silly, they obviously know of the danger. The headline is "Movie to be SHOT..."

Anyhow, when I saw this thread I prayed to $DEITY that the movie being filmed wasn't "Bull Durham 2." Thankfully it's not.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,193,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Silly, they obviously know of the danger. The headline is "Movie to be SHOT..."

Anyhow, when I saw this thread I prayed to $DEITY that the movie being filmed wasn't "Bull Durham 2." Thankfully it's not.
If the movie were to be filmed in Cary, the headline would read, "Movie to be Bored in Cary"

Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM

240 posts, read 1,289,553 times
I read this article in the newspaper as well. I think it would be fun to be an extra and make alittle extra money. Does anybody have any information about when or where they will be hiring extras. I see they are filming in March so maybe we will hear something soon.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,962,344 times
Quote:
Seems there was another film shot in durham in much safer times. What was that called, anyway?

Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
I read this article in the newspaper as well. I think it would be fun to be an extra and make alittle extra money. Does anybody have any information about when or where they will be hiring extras. I see they are filming in March so maybe we will hear something soon.
I am going to look into this and will report back if I can find any info. I always wanted to get a gig as an extra in a movie. I promise if win an Oscar for my role I will include my City-Data friends in my acceptance speach!

http://blogs.nypost.com/movies/photos/oscar.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-03-2009, 03:37 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,605 times
Question Puzzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Movie to be shot in Durham :: WRAL.com

Here's some good news and a little extra revenue
From the article:

"Main Street" centers on "a diverse group of residents of a small, economically moribund American city facing the consequences of change," according to Variety."

I had to look up what "moribund" meant and the definition is - being in the state of dying - approaching death

So the movie is about a small city that is dying economically and they chose Durham to represent it.

While I am all for putting the Triangle on the map as much as possible, I hope this doesn't give anyone the wrong idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary