U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 01:53 PM

12 posts, read 28,073 times

Advertisements

We will be retiring this summer and considering moving to WF. We have visited a couple of times and the area appeals to us. We would appreciate any thoughts/recommendations concerning traffic congestion, travel time to airport and downtown, neighborhoods with new construction, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:55 PM

3,918 posts, read 4,831,182 times
Default Quid pro quo

Please tell us about your interests so we can tailor our replies to suit your needs. Otherwise you’re best off using the search function and reading other peoples post.

Just to throw you a bone, I can tell you that a new wellness center has just been built on the line between Wake Forest and Raleigh. It’s right by the Rex Health Care that will open sometime in March. In my extremely humble opinion my little town of Wake Forest is really focused on meeting the needs of retirees.

Hey Johanson, where are you moving from?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:12 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,038,073 times
Welcome to Wake Forest! Travel time to airport 20 to 30 minutes depending what time of day and where in Wake Forest. Capital Blvd (Rt1) is as congested as a winter's cold from 7 - 9am traveling south to the Capital city and 5-6PM traveling North back to Wake Forest and points north. Rest of the roads are not to bad like Rt 98 East West. and Rt 401 and all their associated feeders.

New construction subs, biggest Heritage, smallest the one house they are building off old 98 near the Southeastern Baptist University. Many more in between. Lot of condo's too. Best to link up with the Realtor and get the real names and numbers of all the subdivisions.

Wake Forest is a sleepy little town and growing some. Growth as all places the past year or two has really slowed down. So many homes for sale. Looking at just the Wake Forest Zip code there are 758 home for sale from $4.3M down to $100k so I'm sure you will find something in there that will fit your needs.

Here is a good weekly epaper to keep up to date on Wake Forest. Gives all the low down and even some higher up news about Wake Forest.

www.wakeforestgazette.com

Happy Almost retirements and good luck in your big move.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:16 AM

12 posts, read 28,073 times
Thanks for the info. We are currently working with a realtor but wanted to get opinions of residents on the area. We are moving from D.C. so 20-30 minutes is a short ride for us. We however looking forward to a less hectic pace of life. We enjoy the outdoors and hoping Falls Lake would be a place to hike and boat.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:38 PM

3,918 posts, read 4,831,182 times
Thumbs up Happy to leave the hustle and bustle behind

I moved to Wake Forest from the DC area and I find it much less hectic here. I love everything about Wake Forest and I have absolutely no regrets about relocating to this beautiful small town.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:02 PM
SRM

9 posts, read 29,221 times
We moved here last summer from Orlando. We love it here! The traffic isn't bad, IMO. We love the cooler weather in the Winter. The people here are pleasant and friendly. We have no regrets!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:09 PM

28 posts, read 132,793 times
We love Wake Forest! You can do most of the things you want in town, the airport isn't far away, and it's a separate community from Raleigh, smaller and easier to get around. I only wish there were more non-chain restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary