Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 03:00 PM

3 posts, read 14,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I used to have Cingular and now I have SunCom, which broke off from Cingular but charges less and uses the same towers. I really like SunCom. Vicki
I used to work for Suncom, i was a store manager for 2 years, buyer beware!!! They have limited coverage, poor customer service, and they are a smaller company that took on too much when they took over At&t's customers here in the Raleigh area, stay away from them, they shut towers off on people, and refuse to let customers out of their contracts.

Most of the towers that they run off of are Cingular, so you might as well go with Cingular if you wanted to go with GSM. T-Mobile is in the process of coming here, it is just going to take some time.

STAY AWAY FROM SUNCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2006, 05:47 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraccoon516 View Post
Thanks for the replys!

I think I'm going to go with Verizon, my family in NY uses them already & then
we will be able to call each other for free.

RR
We kept our service with Verizon moving from LI to NC and the coverage is great... when I call NY it is like i am still around the corner.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:00 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
We kept our service with Verizon moving from LI to NC and the coverage is great... when I call NY it is like i am still around the corner.
GOOD! I have Verizon. "Can you hear me now?" Those guys do follow me every where I go. Pain trying to find seating in a theater though...

Old 08-29-2006, 06:30 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
GOOD! I have Verizon. "Can you hear me now?" Those guys do follow me every where I go. Pain trying to find seating in a theater though...
Ok, now let's not start that again -

the power of advertising

Old 08-29-2006, 06:32 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
de ja vu eh?.......

Old 08-29-2006, 06:51 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
I used to work for Suncom, i was a store manager for 2 years, buyer beware!!! They have limited coverage, poor customer service, and they are a smaller company that took on too much when they took over At&t's customers here in the Raleigh area, stay away from them, they shut towers off on people, and refuse to let customers out of their contracts.

Most of the towers that they run off of are Cingular, so you might as well go with Cingular if you wanted to go with GSM. T-Mobile is in the process of coming here, it is just going to take some time.

STAY AWAY FROM SUNCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I switched from Cingular to Suncom because my plan was costing me over $100 per month. Since Suncom uses Cingular towers...I figured I'd be fine, which I am. My Suncom plan is only $69 per month and thats unlimited calling and unlimited long distance. Yes, they drop calls from time to time but so did Cingular. Well, I'm satisfied. Vicki

Old 08-29-2006, 06:51 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
I have sprint which was great in CA but we can't get much reception at all here in raleigh especially our in Cary,Apex, Holly Springs. I am giong down tomorrow and getting Verizon which we have been told by several people is the best for this area.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02 View Post
Ok, now let's not start that again -

the power of advertising

Old 08-29-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I switched from Cingular to Suncom because my plan was costing me over $100 per month. Since Suncom uses Cingular towers...I figured I'd be fine, which I am. My Suncom plan is only $69 per month and thats unlimited calling and unlimited long distance. Yes, they drop calls from time to time but so did Cingular. Well, I'm satisfied. Vicki
$69 unlimited ANYTIME? In our state Cingular is the worst for dropped calls. I am moving us all away month by month I am paying the termination fee to get away from them. Either the signal is bad, dropped calls, or busy when you call the cell.

As for T-Mobile. Stay away from them. I left the contract 1 month early. They said it was fine. Had horrible service. years and I mean years later I bought this house and guess what? Yep, I owed $150 on my credit for termination fee. I called as I keep the paper who I talked too. She was there. She said she did remember ok'ing it (after reading my notes). But it was over turned. I asked if she was a manager? She said she was. But someone in corp. over turned it. Well, after a month of complaints and faxes, and emails. I had to pay them to move in here. ARGGG! Someone in the collections dept said this was common with T-mobile to do this when they found out you were buying a house!!! I wrote her name down and complained about this. Funny thing was I called her back and she was no longer there. Things that make you go hummmmmmm. So, never gain w/T-Mobile

Old 08-29-2006, 07:26 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
I have Working Assets and am quite happy with them. $30 a month gives me 200 weekday minutes, free phone, and unlimited nights/weekends.
I've never had a signal problem within the greater Triangle area or visiting any other main NC cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary