Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 08:09 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times

Advertisements

Just an update. Imho, Pho Far East is still excellent.

Happened to be in the neighborhood on a recent Monday and sadly found them closed. Went across the street to MoTe. Two bowls of Pho - one beef, one chicken. Totally bland and an annoying waste of twenty bucks.

Taste in Morrisville had gone downhill, but in July was sold to new owners. My Vietnamese haurdresser (in tye same strip mall) reports that they have brought back very good food. She raved about the Pho (esp with tripe ), the huge summer rolls and any dish with roast pork. They are also doing Vietnamese crepes, which I haven't seen on a local menu. I stopped in for a bahn mi and was rewarded with an overstuffed sandwich - and yes, the pork was excellent. The bread wasxt as crispy as it shouid be, but better than some others I've had locally. At four bucks, this is a bargain. We'll be back to try more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 11:52 AM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
Pho Vietnam is back open, and I hate to say I might be staying away until their score gets better. They were inspected two days ago - after the renovations - and have a ton of violations for things being dirty, and some food related stuff that is very disappointing to read..

Old 10-28-2016, 12:55 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
Pho Vietnam is back open, and I hate to say I might be staying away until their score gets better. They were inspected two days ago - after the renovations - and have a ton of violations for things being dirty, and some food related stuff that is very disappointing to read..
Is this a change of ownership or just renovations? I've eaten there when visiting Grand Asia nearby. I wasn't impressed with the food.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:06 PM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Is this a change of ownership or just renovations? I've eaten there when visiting Grand Asia nearby. I wasn't impressed with the food.

Renovation. I've always enjoyed the food there. I work nearby and we go at least once a week, and as many times as 3 times a week in some instances lol.

Doubt I'll be back now until the rating goes up.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:45 PM

When in that area, down by Grand Asia, my husband and I just go to the Thai restaurant near by. Not perfect, but better overall than the Vietnamese restaurant. I know it's apples and oranges.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:42 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Four of us went to Taste for lunch. One Pho with rare beef, one Pho with beef meatballs, one bbq pork bun (HUGE serving) and one egg noodle Pho with pork and seafood. ALL were outstanding. The beef Pho broth was one of the best I've ever had - deep, flavorful with no spice that over rode the others. I had a piece of the meatballs and they were also great (remember, Vietnamese meatballs are not like Italian meatballs. They are tougher and more comparable to sausage.) Between the rare beef and the meatball Pho, I'd choose the meatball next time. I did not try the egg noodle Pho as I'm not terribly fond of fish broth, but DH liked it a lot.

But that Bun looked amazing. The pork was terrific, and there was plenty of it.

I'm sold again on this place.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:33 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Just an update. Imho, Pho Far East is still excellent.
Pho Far East is going to be hard to beat

Old 11-01-2016, 01:08 PM

852 posts, read 586,406 times
Try David's Dumpling & Noodle Bar at the corner of Oberlin Road and Hillsborough Street. David Chang, the owner/chef was born and raised in Saigon, in the Chinese section called Cholon. Although I have not tried it, pho is on his menu. David has the reputation of preparing Vietnamese and Chinese foods the traditional way, not the foods aimed at the typical American palette.

ddandnb.com

Old 11-01-2016, 01:19 PM

David's is pretty good but I haven't been there lately.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:09 PM

195 posts, read 285,882 times
North of Pho Far East is Pho Super 9 by the BJ's. My kid loves the Bahn Mi, I love the vermicelli with bbq pork, and my wife loves their lemongrass chicken. The pho is very popular there but I haven't tried it. It's a popular place that gets packed often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary