Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:08 PM

334 posts, read 626,868 times

Advertisements

honey, you want the backside of California. BY the National Parks. I live in Wake County, and there is nothing liberal about it unless you are ON the campuses. LOL. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE it here, but politically diverse is not what I would call it. I would probably see things more moderate than most would. and Realtors still refered to parts of durham as the Colored section when we were house hunting 3 yrs agao. ( thankfully online people...not our realtor!)
The problem with Wake county is there are lots of newly rich folks who have NO clue what to do with there new found freedom so they buy cars for their teens, load up on big houses and big cars and now are trying to sell it all in a bad market. LOL> Northern wake country is a mess right now.
The economy has started to go bad here as well. Within the last yr. is all. iT held it's own till then but now it is rolling downhill pretty fast. THose of us who have a state tax return coming have to wait because there is no money to pay us! The gov has cut and slashed, all travel on the peoples dime has been suspended, I mean the state is in big trouble , so it won't be long before mainstreet feels it as well.
My best advice is NC may not be for you, and really I would look at the retirement communities closer to the coast, or perhaps one of the little artsy communities around Hendersonville and ashville. ??? but the only place that leans left are the big cities, and Ca. right now. and the politics in NC are heating up, so perhaps you would enjoy that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 09:38 PM

16 posts, read 39,071 times
hmmm I wonder if you'd like Wilmington.
Anyone have a better input on that idea?
My knowledge of that area is more conversational than experiential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary