Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 04:35 PM

15 posts, read 57,792 times

Advertisements

Hi...we were just down and looked at homes in Cary, N. Raleigh and Wake Forest and we are soooo torn!! We love the values in Wake Forest but are really worried about buying in a sub that's not yet complete. Has anyone lived in Cary or N. Raleigh and recently moved to Wake Forest? Just wondering how you like it and if Wake Forest will actually appreciate in the next 5 years. Also, what is the commute like from Wake Forest to Cary during rush hour?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 05:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,271,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy1234 View Post
Hi...we were just down and looked at homes in Cary, N. Raleigh and Wake Forest and we are soooo torn!! We love the values in Wake Forest but are really worried about buying in a sub that's not yet complete. Has anyone lived in Cary or N. Raleigh and recently moved to Wake Forest? Just wondering how you like it and if Wake Forest will actually appreciate in the next 5 years. Also, what is the commute like from Wake Forest to Cary during rush hour?

Thanks!!
All three areas are nice IMHO. It's really hard to predict appreciation. Really at this point it would just be a guess. FWIW, I would strongly consider living in Cary if your job is located in Cary. I live in North Raleigh (near Bedford) and the drive to parts of Cary during rush hour on a weekday can take up to 40-45 minutes at times. Wake Forest would probably be longer still. I would not want to commute from Wake Forest to Cary if I could avoid it.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,029,735 times
I have to agree, that as much as I love wake forest, it is because I don't have a terrible commute any place! I think the commute, over time, would really become bothersome. If you really are torn, why not live closer to where you are working?

Leigh

Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
All three areas are nice IMHO. It's really hard to predict appreciation. Really at this point it would just be a guess. FWIW, I would strongly consider living in Cary if your job is located in Cary. I live in North Raleigh (near Bedford) and the drive to parts of Cary during rush hour on a weekday can take up to 40-45 minutes at times. Wake Forest would probably be longer still. I would not want to commute from Wake Forest to Cary if I could avoid it.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I have to agree, that as much as I love wake forest, it is because I don't have a terrible commute any place! I think the commute, over time, would really become bothersome. If you really are torn, why not live closer to where you are working?

Leigh
Ditto, again.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 PM

15 posts, read 57,792 times
Sorry, I meant to say Heritage or Bishops Grant??? Does anyone live in Bishops Grant?

Thanks!!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,124 times
I agree that if your job is in Cary that you would save time, money, and ibuprofen by buying in Cary. I live in Wake Forest and this place has really 'spruce'd' up over the last few years. Growth has slowed the past 12 months so appreciation has been like the growth of a Red Wood tree and in fire years who knows. It could grow like a sapling, we just never know when that next growth spurt will come.

All the areas you mentioned are nice and I'm sure you would find each nice but it sounds like commute time is the concern and rush hour traffic from Wake Forest to Cary is anything but rushed. Snail pace comes to mind, the only thing racing on that trip is your heart rate!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:10 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,691,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy1234 View Post
Sorry, I meant to say Heritage or Bishops Grant??? Does anyone live in Bishops Grant?

Thanks!!
Depending on what section of Heritage, Bishop's Grant may be an easier commute, since it may take longer to get out of Heritage. Comparing the communities, they really have a different feel. Bishop's Grant is a much smaller community, kinda like Bowling Green, right around the corner, while Heritage is huge, more like Wakefield or Bedford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary