Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 03:09 AM

12 posts, read 39,211 times

Advertisements

hello all,

I am set to graduate from Saint Joseph's University in May, and upon graduation I have a job lined up in Raleigh. I have never been there but I have heard good things. I need some advice on where to live. I am looking for something in a young and busy neighborhood with good nightlife and things to see and do... probably downtown. I will be renting, however the websites that I have seen don't really offer that many attractive options. I was looking at Moore square and Glenwood south, but again I don't know much about those areas. Thats where I need your help, where do you suggest living? Any specific developments I should look at? I will probably be sharing a 2 bedroom to cut costs... so anything from $1100 to $2000 is ok. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
I have seen many nice rentals in the downtown area. If you like send me an email and I can forward those on to you. My children were in the downtown area alot, and seem to think that is the place to be on weekends, and for some reason Thurs. nights. The Block that Bogarts is on is very lively at night. My son worked many years bartending in that restaurant. Where will you be working?

Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
There are a good number of options for rentals downtown. Some apartment complexes/buildings down there to look for would include Gateway Park, Cameron Court, Boylan Apts, Cityscape Apts, Grosvenor Gardens, The Raleigh Apartments, Oberlin Court, Capital Apts, and a few others.
Also there are a good number of houses and condos up for rent in the area. Try looking on the MLS or craigslist for any of those...as well as local classifieds like triangle.com and indyweek.com.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 PM

12 posts, read 39,211 times
I will be working for Nestle as a Sales Rep. for the Wal Mart team and I was told my territory was the triangle. Thanks a lot for all your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary