Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 07:07 PM

579 posts, read 2,862,949 times

Advertisements

Hello wise message board...

Anyone have the skinny on Edgewater in East Raleigh (border of Knightdale on 64)? Saw a house over the weekend that we really liked but I know nothing about the neighborhood. Also know nothing about the builder (Logan American???) That's a new one to me. They are from VA apparently.

I now have new compassion for newcomers who are househunting. WE LIVE HERE and we can't decide on a home/area!

I just want a nice house in a nice area under 230K that's not the one I live in right now. Is that so much to ask?

Need a laugh? Here are some things either me or my husband has said this week:

I like the house, not the location
I love the house but you couldnt' pay me to live there
What about a basement
I happen to like Cary
I hate Cary
Why are you so fixated on Apex?
I don't want to live so close to YOUR job and so far from mine
This area's really growing, in 10 years you might be able to get somewhere from here
LOUISBURG? historic house or not, are you nuts?
We just can't afford downtown Raleigh
I need a place to play with my band
That house was FLY, too bad the neighborhood was so hideous
what if I have to go work in RTP one day?
just wait for 540 to open
what in 15 years?
No way i'm moving all the way to Rolesville
I want 9' ceilings and I'm not budging
Let's just stay where we are
Is it so much to ask for some trees????
I hate slabs
No front porch, no dice
What's wrong with Knightdale?

lol... Just kill me now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Too funny!

I sold 3 of the townhouses in Edgewater when they first started them. They started right at $100s and I think they've gone up to the $120s now.

I recently sold a home that was a re sale...only a year old. It was built by MI Homes.

Logan American does nice work, from what I've seen. I know they must be down to their last few. Maybe you can get a great price based on them trying to get out of the neighborhood.

Edgewater has a nice pool and has always looked well kept the times I've been in there.

My clients just moved in end of Feb. so all they say is how they love their new home!

Vicki

Old 03-19-2007, 07:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Thumbs up Great List!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raccemup View Post
Need a laugh? Here are some things either me or my husband has said this week:

I like the house, not the location
I love the house but you couldnt' pay me to live there
What about a basement
I happen to like Cary
I hate Cary
Why are you so fixated on Apex?
I don't want to live so close to YOUR job and so far from mine
This area's really growing, in 10 years you might be able to get somewhere from here
LOUISBURG? historic house or not, are you nuts?
We just can't afford downtown Raleigh
I need a place to play with my band
That house was FLY, too bad the neighborhood was so hideous
what if I have to go work in RTP one day?
just wait for 540 to open
what in 15 years?
No way i'm moving all the way to Rolesville
I want 9' ceilings and I'm not budging
Let's just stay where we are
Is it so much to ask for some trees????
I hate slabs
No front porch, no dice
What's wrong with Knightdale?

lol... Just kill me now!
I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to your main question, but I just wanted to comment on your post anyway. Your list of comments is absolutely great! I think they really encompass the wide range of issues anyone looking for a house in this area goes through. From reading you comments I feel that you and your husband clearly have a good sense of what it is you are looking for! Good luck with your search!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM

10 posts, read 25,123 times
Default Can't say I have the skinny, but I like it here

I initially purchased my home here not knowing where I wanted to live, but also not knowing how I would ever know and so making an investment decision (this was before 64 bypass and 540). There are some people who are cashing out now, but I don't plan to sell unless we just outgrow the house.

I like the house you get for the money (still good, just not fantastic anymore), the fact that the neighborhood is great for kids (pool, ice cream truck in summer sometimes (no joke!), a whole lot of other kids to play with), and how quick access is to 440, 540 and downtown. Bonus points for it being a diverse neighborhood.

A commute to the park isn't too bad... there's some distance to it, but it moves at speed all the way in in the morning, and coming home except in the trouble spots that snare everyone on the afternoon ride back to Raleigh (40 through the park and then either 40 around Harrison or 540 around Glenwood).

In the long term (8-10 years) I'm hopeful that downtown Raleigh will attract some more major employers... would love to cut that 30-35 minutes in half or less. We'll see.

Really, the only thing for me is I wish there were more and bigger trees in the neighborhood... it still has that scalped look of a new development. In a few years it will be better.

Disclaimer #1: I live in the section built by Pulte, the neighborhood might have a different feel to it on the other side of Southhall for all I know.

Disclaimer #2: I don't actually know what you're looking for in a home/neighborhood, just kinda rambling.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,197 times
Anyone have an update on this neighborhood these days?

Old 06-18-2012, 03:12 PM

10 posts, read 25,123 times
Prices got hammered by the recession, but I think it's reasonably nice. One new point in its favor is the new grocery store in the development (Aldi) and there's another one coming with improvements they're working on the trail along the Neuse River.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary