Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 AM

746 posts, read 2,247,642 times

Advertisements

having my baby soon and need to get my mother in law from the airport to the hospital where I'm delivering. One of our neighbors will have our kids and our minivan, hubs will be with me. Wondering if there are things like supershuttle or straight car services in the triangle that any of you have used and would recommend? Feel free to pm me with details as to not break house rules of advertising, etc.

Thank you ! She's either going to be arriving just before, just after, or just during delivery. Good news is this time she won't call in the middle of a contraction asking "has the baby arrived yet? "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 09:15 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,425 times
The easiest and most convenient way would be to take a taxi from right outside the Terminal door - that way there is no worry of the car service not showing or cost of waiting time for delays to flights. I have used the RDU taxis on many ocasions and have no complaints. Costs about $30 from RDU to Cary.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:59 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,104 times
Congrats, NcerfromNY. The cab will probably be the easiest and the cost will really depend on the distance. Which hospital will you be at?

Raleigh-Durham International Airport

The rates are metered, so you'll know pretty close to what you'll be paying.

As far as car services go, White Horse (919) 782-5893 has been mentioned on this forum with positive reviews.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:10 PM

746 posts, read 2,247,642 times
you don't understand - it's my mother in law ... she's quite high maintenance. What, you aren't going to come GET me ? That sort of high maintenance. (as I'm pushing a thanksgiving turkey out of me!) We've also thought about having her sent to our neighbors to pick up our boys and our minivan - so that the boys and she can see the baby brand new. The trick is that we're not sure if it's going to be a c/s or just a straight induction, and we certainly don't want the kids there if it's the icky part. Maybe I'll ask my neighbor to do me just one more favor and go get her. And then drive home in my hubby's car - or something ? I know I shouldn't obsess about this but I don't want to think about it AT ALL that day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary