Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,535,764 times

Advertisements

Holly crap..... Charlotte has only had a thrid of the rain that Raleigh has had this month? I wouldn't have expected that. The rainest part of the state by far is the mountains (most would think it's the coast, they're a close second). Parts of the mountain region of NC get over 70 inches of rain a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2006, 11:00 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,917,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
Holly crap..... Charlotte has only had a thrid of the rain that Raleigh has had this month? I wouldn't have expected that. The rainest part of the state by far is the mountains (most would think it's the coast, they're a close second). Parts of the mountain region of NC get over 70 inches of rain a year.
Actually, both the wettest and the driest locations in NC are both in the Mountain Region and only 50 miles apart.

WETTEST WEATHER STATION

91.72 inches Lake Toxaway, Transylvania County annual average

DRIEST WEATHER STATION

37.32 inches Asheville (Downtown), Buncombe County annual average

Old 06-25-2006, 11:06 PM

I also just realized that I contradicted myself.... I said the Mountains were by FAR the rainiest, and then went on to say in the same sentance that the coast was a CLOSE second. lol

91 inches... WOW.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:48 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,388,268 times
Quote:
... it switches every other year.... one year it will be a washout, and the next we'll have a sever drought. We are just getting out of the severe drought from last summer with this little monsoon season we're having now.
Welcome to North Carolina: land of the extremes. We either get too much rain or not enough.
Same goes for seasons...we hop from cold winter to hot summer in like less than 2 weeks time. We hardly ever get a Spring or Fall in the middle.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:16 AM

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. I remember last year it actually snowed here in the 2nd week of MARCH, then by the next week it was almost 80. The fall colors here are definitely a dissapointment, with the exception of the mountains of course.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:20 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,917,023 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. I remember last year it actually snowed here in the 2nd week of MARCH, then by the next week it was almost 80. The fall colors here are definitely a dissapointment, with the exception of the mountains of course.
The Fall foliage in the mountains have been pretty much a bust for the past two seasons too. They say it's a matter of rain and temps. The right amounts at the right time. Green to brown to ground.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,897,921 times
in wathcing my local weather this morning they showed there is a front stalled in the area (to include NC) and is why so much rain, it should be moving out soon...but it appears more on coming.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:25 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,136,501 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say the fall colors are a disapointment here unless you've traveled down all the roads. The drive from North Raleigh to Creedmoor is quite hilly and very beautiful in the fall. Are you really so unhappy? I'm sorry. Evenidently you've been disappointed by your move. I hope your return to your home state will be better for you. Vicki

Old 06-26-2006, 10:27 AM

Vicki... I think you need to read the rest of my posts. I don't hate NC and I'm not "mad at it". I just don't care to live here any more. I've given plenty of people good advice about things to do, places to live, and what to know about living here that ARE moving here.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:38 AM

24 posts, read 142,680 times
We are coming to Raleigh this weekend to do some apartment scouting. Is is supposed to stop by this weekend??? Please say yes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary