Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Ditto for the "Heritage" schools... kids throughout Wake Forest go to different schools. Heritage subdivision is so large that their kids are divided among many schools. Some kids in Wake Forest go to public schools outside Wake Forest.

Enter the addresses of the homes you are considering into the wcpss.net site and check the assigment in that way. You will be able to see the assignment for the next 3 years for that particular house.
I don't believe there is anychild that actually lives in the town of Wake Forest (city limits) that goes to any other school outside of Wake Forest (includes Wake Forest, Jones Dairy and Heritage elementary).

There are plenty of people with Wake Forest mailing addresses, however, that don't live in Wake Forest proper. It's quite possbile to have a Wake Forest mailing address and not even live in Wake County. That is one of the reasons why zip codes and mailing addresses don't always mean much in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 08:39 PM

121 posts, read 410,606 times
We looked at both Heritage and Bedford and decided on Bedford. We have over .4 acres and are very happy with this size lot. There are some big lots, just need to hunt them down.

While we loved he golf community of Heritage, we really like the location of Bedford. We are 2 miles north of 540 and can get anywhere without dealing with Capital. RDU is about 10 - 15 minutes closer to Bedford, which is important to me. We also go downtown alot, and again can do so without going near Capital. Not sure you can say the same for Heritage.

I love driving into Bedford and seeing the water fountain and clock tower. It's just a unique neighborhood.

We just found out that our son will be redistricted from Wakefield H.S. to Heritage H.S., which is a bit strange - living in Raleigha and going to school in Wake Forest.

Both are great. Just list the pros and cons of each and hopefully that helps.

Good luck.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Ditto for the "Heritage" schools... kids throughout Wake Forest go to different schools. Heritage subdivision is so large that their kids are divided among many schools. Some kids in Wake Forest go to public schools outside Wake Forest.

Enter the addresses of the homes you are considering into the wcpss.net site and check the assigment in that way. You will be able to see the assignment for the next 3 years for that particular house.
I agree with your point about the schools.

Just because a school is within a neighborhood, it does NOT make it a neighborhood school nor does it mean that your child will go to that school.

Wake County has NO neighborhood schools.

Vicki

Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Then it's 'family' to the entire town of Wake Forest...yeah, we still exist outside of Heritage amazingly enough.

Don't get me wrong, I like Heritage a lot, many of my friends live there, and our second choice home was there when we moved here years ago....but it's not the entire town by a long shot.

I actually have had the mother of a friend of my daughter's tell me that her daughter couldn't go skating with my child because they didn't live in Heritage so therefore didn't 'belong' to The Factory.

She was under the impression, from misconceptions such as you posted, that The Factory complex really was part of Heritage and only for people who lived there. Needless to say, that was cleared up and her daughter went skating.
I also been told that The Factory would not be what it is without the close proximity of Heritage @ Wake Forest. So misconception is what pays the Factories bills I suppose.

Don't get me right saying that the Factory is part of Heritage it is not but than again shoe laces are not technically a shoe but without them you have a really bad loafer!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
I also been told that The Factory would not be what it is without the close proximity of Heritage @ Wake Forest. So misconception is what pays the Factories bills I suppose.

Don't get me right saying that the Factory is part of Heritage it is not but than again shoe laces are not technically a shoe but without them you have a really bad loafer!
ROTF...you are kidding me right? Yes, The Factory does need middle and higher income families to support it - we are the ones that have the money to allow our kids the experiences and Heritage does provide that, but really, there is also Wakefield families that use it and there are other places for families to live in Wake Forest.

I think that Wake Forest, as a whole can support The Factory....Heritage isn't the end all of it. So your misconception is just that....a misconception.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:58 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,074 times
Quote:
ROTF...you are kidding me right? Yes, The Factory does need middle and higher income families to support it - we are the ones that have the money to allow our kids the experiences and Heritage does provide that, but really, there is also Wakefield families that use it and there are other places for families to live in Wake Forest.

I think that Wake Forest, as a whole can support The Factory....Heritage isn't the end all of it. So your misconception is just that....a misconception.
Honest I am not intercepting the notion that all of Wake Forest benefits from The Factory but statistics do tell the truth sometimes and in this case the stats are clearly on the side of Heritage subsidizing The Factory in a big way. But that is true for many of the businesses in and around Heritage@ Wake Forest. ...and why is that a bad thing?

Also, last time I read where local, state, and federal tax revenue streams came from it clearly and unequivocally stated they came from the middle and higher income wage earners. ...and why is that a bad thing?

And Zoya I never kid! I laugh a lot and smile profusely but I never kid. Kids are young goats or antelopes.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,847,574 times
Quote:
I don't believe there is anychild that actually lives in the town of Wake Forest (city limits) that goes to any other school outside of Wake Forest (includes Wake Forest, Jones Dairy and Heritage elementary).

There are plenty of people with Wake Forest mailing addresses, however, that don't live in Wake Forest proper. It's quite possbile to have a Wake Forest mailing address and not even live in Wake County. That is one of the reasons why zip codes and mailing addresses don't always mean much in this area.
There are almost 100 kids in the Town of Wake Forest who attend Knightdale HS

There are many, many more who choose to attend magnet schools in Raleigh

Old 03-11-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
There are almost 100 kids in the Town of Wake Forest who attend Knightdale HS

There are many, many more who choose to attend magnet schools in Raleigh
Magnet schools are a choice...a great choice, but they aren't forced to go downtown.

I was told that there were no kids that lived in the city limits (not just have a Wake Forest mailing address) that went to Knightdale, but that could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary