Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:00 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,114,450 times

Advertisements

My youngest daughter wants to join brownies. I called a number on the Pines of Carolina GS webpage several times this summer and left messages about being assigned a troop in Cary. No one ever called back. I called another number and the woman there said the person who coordinates this has left her position and her position is vacant. She told me to fill out a new scout "interest form" on their website and submit it to them. I did that over a month ago and no one has contacted us.
Does anyone have ANY idea who I can contact about being assigned a trrop before it gets too late? I think some troops have already started their meetings already!
I'm looking in the downtown/central Cary area.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 PM

No one has a little girl in brownies in Cary this year ?

Old 08-29-2007, 04:39 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,671,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
No one has a little girl in brownies in Cary this year ?
Sorry...I know two girls that are in GS in Wake Forest/Wakefield...but I doubt that would help you.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 AM

33 posts, read 109,062 times
My friend was trying to get a Brownie troop started for Morrisville/Cary area. They tried to assign her to the Cary Daisy troop instead. She really would like to lead the Brownies as she has always been involved with the brownies. She was concerned that there wasn't enough interested to start up a brownie troop in the area. It did take her several weeks to hear back from them also.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:38 AM

Thanks all who replied. I think I'll just keep calling them back two or three times a week. There has to be brownies around here somewhere because they come out of the woodwork in front of every grocery store and drug store come cookie time.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,289 times
Have you found a brownies troop in Cary? I am looking too. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:37 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Thanks all who replied. I think I'll just keep calling them back two or three times a week. There has to be brownies around here somewhere because they come out of the woodwork in front of every grocery store and drug store come cookie time.
Have you ever thought of asking those Brownies who are in front of the grocery stores or their parents?

Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,151,004 times
I happened to see a Girl Scout organizational meeting at First Baptist in downtown Cary when I was on my way to the library a couple weeks ago. I wonder if you called First Baptist if they could provide some more direct contact info?

Old 10-11-2007, 07:44 AM

Hi all, actually someone here PM'ed me with the name of the person to get into contact with, which I did, and she is starting her frist troop meeting tonight! We're very excited about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Have you ever thought of asking those Brownies who are in front of the grocery stores or their parents?
Unfortunately they don't do that until late winter/early spring when they sell cookies.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCreations View Post
Have you found a brownies troop in Cary? I am looking too. Thanks.
Sorry, I didn't see your post there, but if you are interested, please PM me and I will give you their name. It's a new troop in central Cary. I can send you contact info because they are just having their very first meeting tonight at 6:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary