Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 AM

41 posts, read 110,950 times

Advertisements

I am relocating in july with my husband and 3 kids 6,4,2 and our dog. We are still looking for the perfect place to live and need help. We are coming from nyc and when i say city i mean city not a suburb. So we are used to things right out our door which we know will change. But we'd like to keep somethings the same like sidewalks so the kids can ride their bikes and as they get older walk to friends. Also nice pool, park, and activities for the kids. Plus a subdivision with stores and maybe a place to eat that you could walk to. If icould walk my kids to school that would be a great too. But i know that might be asking too much. We need a good backyard that is level not to many trees. We have been down a couple of times and know the areas well. We love bedford but the yards are too small. Our price range is 300,000 max and we work from home so commute is no problem. We can live anywhere cary, wake, raleigh etc. Also our kids are very active soccer, baseball, dance karate, you get the idea. I really dont want to spend most of my day driving my kids around so a place where these things are close. If anyone could help us out with suggestions that would be great! I'd love to hear from parents on where they do their activities and live. Please we need help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,932,158 times
There are a few mixed-use communities that combine housing and retail and that might meet at least some of your requirements. Over in Chapel Hill, two to consider would be Southern Village and Meadowmont, but I'm not sure how well they would fit with your price range. But, even with those, it's never going to be like NYC. There's a limit to how much is going to be within walking distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary