Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 AM

150 posts, read 506,991 times

Advertisements

When we rented at Weston for 6 months (end of 2007 to 2008), we didn't have to pay more for a short lease. Perhaps that's the exception rather than the rule...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 AM

850 posts, read 4,741,310 times
That's probably b/c you moved in right when the community was opening. Brand new communities are the exception, they're often more flexible on the fees just to get the apartments filled.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM

426 posts, read 1,490,252 times
Im not the apartment type, but if you are, Weston Lakeside is a great place to be!

We lived here in a corporate furnished apartment (C1-1 floorplan) for 2 months at the end of 2007 while househunting. Quite a change if you have 2 toddlers and a dog whom were used to living on 2 acres. The location by the lake, the playground, dogpark etc. made it work.

I didnt deal with the staff much, but found them friendly. Maintenance quickly responded on the few occassions we needed them. The walls are pretty thin, but I think hearing your neighbors comes with apt living. The other dog owners was courteous and their dogs well behaved.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 PM

96 posts, read 302,329 times
UPDATE

The lake-facing apt (rent $834) I took a look at last Friday was gone when I called them today I was told someone who came there after me signed the lease the next day (Saturday), and that they signed 13 leases just last week.

I had 3 other options, none of which I liked (1) one on 4th floor with no patio and 1190 sqft: rent is $882 (2) two units at the ground level with patio and 1090 sqft: rent is $797. I had to chose the former as it is on the 4th floor, more sqft and better view of nice greenery around.

Can't believe Weston apartments are going off like crazy. Maybe, my post had something to do with it?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:56 PM

850 posts, read 4,741,310 times
Yikes, that stinks. Happens all the time though. When I worked on site, people used to think it was a sales techinique when I would say that they'd better lease it now before someone else did, but it happens all the time, especially in a highly desired community. 13 leases in a week-that just goes to prove my theory that demand is picking up on apartments!

Good luck with your move. You'll be very happy there!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:04 PM

47 posts, read 159,990 times
Tabby,

A lot of complexes offer short term leases. I don't know about the ones mentioned above but Avera Place at Brier Creek did when I was house hunting and lots of communities will work with you at a slightly higher rate for corporate/short term leasing.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:12 PM

81 posts, read 279,663 times
Default Bait and Switch

I was at Weston several weeks ago and was offered the C1 layout for 931 a month w/d was 40 a month extra. I called today to reserve the apartment for August and have been told the price is 1,089. "Oh that special is no longer valid" I guess I will look elsewhere, scams no matter where u go.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:50 PM

99 posts, read 307,286 times
The demand for apartments is growing. My complex was a ghost town when I moved here in November and now I would guess it's at 85% occupancy with people moving in every weekend. More demand means they can raise the rates.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylulu View Post
The demand for apartments is growing. My complex was a ghost town when I moved here in November and now I would guess it's at 85% occupancy with people moving in every weekend. More demand means they can raise the rates.
I heard about this on the radio a few days ago:

U.S. apartment vacancies near historic high-report (http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/reuters/MTFH59422_2009-07-08_04-01-10_N07330201.htm?section=money_topstories - broken link)

I don't know how it is specifically in the Raleigh area, but there might be some bargains if you shop around.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:04 AM

47 posts, read 159,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
I called today to reserve the apartment for August and have been told the price is 1,089. "Oh that special is no longer valid" I guess I will look elsewhere, scams no matter where u go.
Actually, monthly specials are the norm for all apartment communities and are typically based on the current occupancy and move outs. If they are at high occupancy, you won't get a deal. If they are lower occupancy or have a lot of people moving out that month, they will offer better deals. I don't blame you for not wanting to pay the higher rate, just wanted to let ya know that it isn't a scam and you will run into the same thing at any community. A good rule of thumb when apartment shopping is to ask when the rate you are quoted is good through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary