Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 AM

257 posts, read 1,014,821 times

Advertisements

any scrapbookers in Durham or nearby? Once I get my things unpacked, I'd like to meet other scrappers. Judy, in N. Durham
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 07:24 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinJudy View Post
any scrapbookers in Durham or nearby? Once I get my things unpacked, I'd like to meet other scrappers. Judy, in N. Durham
Judy, I scrap too! But I've done very little since moving here. Meeting up with other scrappers would be good motivation for me!! I haven't found any real scrapbook stores with crop spaces here in Durham. I believe a lot of them closed. Let me know when and where and I'll try to make it.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:32 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,093 times
I'd love to join too... I bought all the gear, but haven't actually started!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Have you looked for a local Meetup group? Meetup.com is a great place to meet others who share your interests.Where I live there's a lot of scrapbooking Meetup's.

In Raleigh, there's an Archiver's which is a HUGE scrapbook store. They have crops all the time. Lots of activities. Whenever I go on vacation to NC, I have to stop in at Archiver's and get some new toys. Once you shop there, you can get on their mailing list. Since I went to the Raleigh store, i get the announcements for that store and it kills me! I wish I lived closer! Can't wait for my vacation to visit again.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,602,968 times
My wife was really into this hobby back before we moved to Raleigh. When we bought our house here, I actually converted one of the spare bedrooms to a scrapbooking room for her. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have much motivation to get back into it. I think it's because she used to create scrapbooks of our vacations, and we haven't gone on a nice vacation in a few years. We're in South Raleigh, but she may be interested in joining up if you start a group that's closer to mid-Triangle.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:36 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,886 times
I have done scrapbooking for many years. Unfortunately, I've done NOT A BIT since we relocated to North Carolina.

I would love to be part of a group again that regularly scrapbooks together.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:34 PM

257 posts, read 1,014,821 times
will keep you in mind, Calvitts, when I get my space organized. I've only been here 2 weeks, so that will be awhile.

Yes, I have joined a couple of meetup s/b groups, but the active one is in Cary, 40 minutes from me. the one in D. isn't as active yet.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:56 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinJudy View Post
will keep you in mind, Calvitts, when I get my space organized. I've only been here 2 weeks, so that will be awhile.

Yes, I have joined a couple of meetup s/b groups, but the active one is in Cary, 40 minutes from me. the one in D. isn't as active yet.
Don't wait for others! Start something on your own! If you belong to a church, see if there's interest there. If you belong to a MOMS group, check with them. Ask around.

Host your own get togethers at your house. Sometimes I do pot luck. Other times I charge a small fee to cover the meal. Other times it's free and I don't provide anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary