Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2007, 08:38 PM

23 posts, read 155,328 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have suggestions for a nice hotel in or near Cary? We don't need anything like a resort (although there don't seem to be many anyway in Raleigh in general), but just some place nice. I heard Embassy Suites is good, but pricey. Any other options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 08:47 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
I was going to say "Empire Suites."
Hmm. "Next!"

Old 03-25-2007, 08:47 PM

644 posts, read 3,320,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for a nice hotel in or near Cary? We don't need anything like a resort (although there don't seem to be many anyway in Raleigh in general), but just some place nice. I heard Embassy Suites is good, but pricey. Any other options?
I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in Cary right now, and I'm very pleased. It's listed as a two-star hotel, but I think it's much better then that. They have a swimming pool, free internet connection, continental breakfast in the morning, lots of restaurants nearby including Whole Foods, and free access to a local gym. I'm paying $45 a night, and that includes taxes. I think it's a great deal. My rental car, however, is very expensive.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:28 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I've had clients stay in the hotels around Tryon Road in Cary.

There seems to be a few newer ones, but not too pricey, although $45 per night seems very cheap to me.

Vicki

Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 PM

23 posts, read 155,328 times
I just checked the Hampton Inn at Cary. Unfortunately it came out to more like $89 per night (excl Tax) for the days we might be there. This is not too bad I guess if it is a good place, but not near the $45 you are paying. Is there any special coupon code or promo code? Did you go thru a website like expedia? Thanks.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:59 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,007,617 times
We stayed at the Residence Inn in cary on Tryon Rd and they were great. We ended up "living" there for 6 weeks waiting for our house to close. We also stayed at the Courtyard over near MacGregor Village off 64. Of the two I like Residence Inn better because they give you a free breakfast! Courtyard you had to pay for the breakfast.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 AM

113 posts, read 364,850 times
we stayed at the embassy suites in cary last month and paid the AAA rate of $114 per nite. there were 2 adults and 3 kids so we got a 1 bedroom suite which was huge. also included was a 'cooked to order breakfast' and nightly managers reception which included snacks and a great selection of alcoholic beverages. for us this was a good price and we would most definately stay there again.

i use tripadvisor alot when looking for hotel accomodations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary