Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 12:34 PM

68 posts, read 272,352 times

Advertisements

We are planning our next visit to the area in late april and hoped to visit a few schools. I'm just wondering if any of you had success in planning and touring any schools? I called 3 schools so far. Two of them said they only give group tours on certain days of the week and one said I could come in after 3:15 and look around by myself. I was given some excellent tours in some other areas of NC when my husband was interviewing -- I'm assuming now that was why they went out of their way. I know that the wake schools must be bombarded with these requests -- just wondering if anyone had a similiar experience. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 03:06 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colby1911 View Post
We are planning our next visit to the area in late april and hoped to visit a few schools. I'm just wondering if any of you had success in planning and touring any schools? I called 3 schools so far. Two of them said they only give group tours on certain days of the week and one said I could come in after 3:15 and look around by myself. I was given some excellent tours in some other areas of NC when my husband was interviewing -- I'm assuming now that was why they went out of their way. I know that the wake schools must be bombarded with these requests -- just wondering if anyone had a similiar experience. Any advice?
That is strange....but maybe they've had to change their rules because of so many requests.

3 1/2 years ago I was able to arrange tours at all the elementary schools I was interested in. I did this through the guidance councilor's office and not the main office though. You might want to try that if you haven't already.

I also called first to talk to the GC with specific questions to ask before I asked for tour. The teachers at my daughter's former school helped me with what to ask and what to look for.

I do know that the magnet schools have the guided tours because they just have SO MANY parents in and out of the district looking at them. However, it's well worth trying to take the organized tour if you can fit it in. We were able to see so much (how classes we taught, watch a vocal performance, talk to certain students etc etc) then just a regular walk-thru.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:37 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,227 times
I toured schools a few years ago with my mom when she was moving here (to be close to me). We saw Farmington Woods Elem, Apex Middle, and Salem schools I think. We went alone without a group and talked to the principal on the tour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary