Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,581,221 times

Advertisements

It doesn't bother me, I don't think it bothers anybody. I just think the person who was wondering if you spoke english as a second language was confused about your grammar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM

75 posts, read 233,469 times
It's ok.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:37 PM

715 posts, read 1,037,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBradin85 View Post
Two months ago, I encourage her that we should check Raleigh out, but her face tells its whole story. Like she don't want to come up there to check anything out and she believes that city is VERY much like NYC.

How can I convince her that it is not like NYC?

I wanna to live there one day, but she's serious thinking about going to live in Greenville, my message to her was LOUD and CLEAR about this, I don't want to live in Greenville at all. That's why I tried to convince her that we should starts somewhere more peaceful.

Right now, our eyes are locked onto this town of Wilson. Not too sure about it, but I do hope that we will end up live in the triangle area soon. What town should we starts to looking into?

Other than the fact that you can actually drive three blocks in less than 30 minutes during the day in Raleigh, and about a thousand other differences between Manhattan or NYC in general, Raleigh may be kind of the same as NYC- they're both "cities". Also, NYC has a train you can jump and be anywhere else within the large central city in minutes without wearing out your shoes (course, d/t Raleigh's not large enough maybe to wear out yer shoes), which I Raleigh doesn't have/doesn't completely need, and NYC has more arts etc. Kind of like comparing apples and kiwis.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,604,254 times
Quote:
I left high school long time ago. I will be turn 24 years old next month. Why are you ask this such silly question, Falk?

To everybody: Thanks for your help. Keep it coming. Will need your options on that!
If you're 24, how can your grandma be 50? This is simple math!

You haven't told us why she believes NYC is like Raleigh assuming you're not just trolling.

I've been to both and the only thing they have in common is that they both have museums. Not even the same type of museums.

You can even find on street parking in Raleigh. I've NEVER seen an empty parking spot in my trips to NYC.

So why does she believe Raleigh is like NYC? I would need to be drunk and stoned out of my mind on the verge of coma and death to believe that.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gball721 View Post
Kind of like comparing apples and kiwis.
More like apples and giraffes.

Other than both being cities there's nothing in common. I live near NYC and go to Raleigh every year. I have yet to been within an inch of my life by a cab in Raleigh.

I haven't been plowed over by a herd of people plowing down the sidewalk in Raleigh.

I can walk through the Raleigh museums with at least a foot on each side of me. Heck, you can't walk through a museum in NYC. You just sort of go with the flow so you don't get trampled.

You have to tell us why she thinks NYC is like Raleigh. Without knowing there's no way to really tell you how they're different.

Go to both of them. You'll immediately notice the difference. You can breath in one city. The other one smells like urine. I'll take getting clocked in the head with an acorn any day!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,085,858 times
I think you do a great job expressing yourself.

Quote:
I was born hearing. After age of 3, I became deaf for no reason. As goes for my grammar, back in New Jersey, I've been told that my grammar is NOTHING like those people who struggles to make it perfect.

Please forgive me if I seemed a bit off to you, because my mind was at somewhere else. I will work on to make sure that my grammar evolves into next level. Is there a reason why it bothers you?

Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,691,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post

You haven't told us why she believes NYC is like Raleigh assuming you're not just trolling.

I've been to both and the only thing they have in common is that they both have museums. Not even the same type of museums.

You can even find on street parking in Raleigh. I've NEVER seen an empty parking spot in my trips to NYC.

So why does she believe Raleigh is like NYC? I would need to be drunk and stoned out of my mind on the verge of coma and death to believe that.
Actually, she said 50's, and even if her grandmother was 50, it is possible. Like you said, do the math

Old 03-30-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Actually, she said 50's, and even if her grandmother was 50, it is possible. Like you said, do the math
Yeah if the OP's mom was about 13-14 when the OP was born and grandma had the mom when she was 13-14. Possible, but not realistic.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM

75 posts, read 233,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post

Nah, there's no way in heaven would I trolling around here. The reason why my grandmother believes that Raleigh is like New York, because of too many people, that's what she's said about that. I tried my best to convince her that Raleigh is NOTHING like New York, but she keeps going on that Raleigh is very close-like to New York!!

Will trying my best to get her to Raleigh!! If she still blind to that place, there's nothing that I can do to tell her what to do.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:58 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,149,278 times
Quote:
I was born hearing. After age of 3, I became deaf for no reason. As goes for my grammar, back in New Jersey, I've been told that my grammar is NOTHING like those people who struggles to make it perfect.

Please forgive me if I seemed a bit off to you, because my mind was at somewhere else. I will work on to make sure that my grammar evolves into next level. Is there a reason why it bothers you?
Forgiven.

I wuz borned in New Yawk (Bronx) at the corner of toidy toid and toid at tree in the morning near the terlit.

I went to Joisey to loin how to drive like a putz.

I'm now a bubba and love Raleigh.

Shame you don't like us. If you can't wait, Amtrak runs to NYC twice daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary