Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2007, 03:10 PM

8 posts, read 33,019 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm planning a trip down to the area from PA just to get a feel for it. I'm not ready to work with a real estate agent yet, but I'd like to hit a few open houses while I'm there.

What are the best sites/newspapers that list open houses? All I've found so far is the Coldwell Banker site.

Thanks,

Amanda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 03:13 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,061,181 times
the news and observer is the local paper, and most are listed in that publication. realtors (although I know you are not ready for a one on one relationship yet) can send you the open houses that are in the trianglemls system. It is completely up to you, but you should be able to find some in the news and obesever.

Leigh

Old 04-14-2007, 03:17 PM

250 posts, read 1,248,038 times
Try The Open Look which is a new website featuring open houses in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, etc.).

You can create your own itinerary, narrow your search to certain criteria, and identify any listed open houses within a two mile radius of other open houses.

Last edited by cary_nc; 04-14-2007 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Update

Old 04-14-2007, 04:11 PM

169 posts, read 779,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cary_nc View Post
Try The Open Look which is a new website featuring open houses in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, etc.).
What a great resource! that's exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you!

Old 04-14-2007, 06:43 PM

653 posts, read 2,992,441 times
That looks like a very user-friendly site - it'll be nice once the open houses are all listed. So far, though, it only shows 5 open houses in Raleigh this weekend. Something tells me there's more than 5.......

Check the online sites for the newspapers for up to date open houses, too, to make sure you get them all. Also, keep in mind that in Raleigh, there is a sign ordinance prohibiting all those little red signs and balloons, so you can't really find them that way, either!

Old 04-15-2007, 07:29 AM

8 posts, read 49,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHomeFinder View Post
Also, keep in mind that in Raleigh, there is a sign ordinance prohibiting all those little red signs and balloons, so you can't really find them that way, either!
I think the OpenLook is a fabulous resource for homebuyers in the area. Even though I moved here from the New York/Connecticut area nearly a year ago, I still find it hard to find my way around sometimes. The homes on this site are mapped and have written directions! And in reading the OpenLook's blog, it appears that this site is only a month old. I'm sure that the price tag of "free for listings" will encourage participation once the word gets out.

We decided to rent for a year so we could get to know the different communities before committing to buy a house. We're just now starting to look seriously for homes in the area. I like open houses because they're a low pressure way for me to check out neighborhoods that interest me without having to make a commitment to a real estate agent until I get a bit more comfortable with the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary