Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2007, 05:35 AM

133 posts, read 711,013 times

Advertisements

NC having such a long and strong tradition of college basketball, I was surprised nobody brought it up. Is that in another forum?

At least UNC had a pretty good run. I had Duke winning at least their first round game...that one cost me some points. Did NCSU go to the NIT? I thought they beat either UNC or Duke, or both.
Did I just start something I shouldn't have...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 05:59 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,670 times
ACC conference basketball is way more important here than NCAA basketball as a whole. During the ACC Championship, you couldn't get away from basketball. Regular TV programs are pre-empted to show the games. Now that UNC is out of the NCAA tourney and NCSU is done in the NIT, you probably won't hear much. There are still people following it, just not as many and with less fervor.

Oh, and by the way, Go Gators!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:25 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi2nc View Post

NC having such a long and strong tradition of college basketball, I was surprised nobody brought it up. Is that in another forum?

At least UNC had a pretty good run. I had Duke winning at least their first round game...that one cost me some points. Did NCSU go to the NIT? I thought they beat either UNC or Duke, or both.
Did I just start something I shouldn't have...
I agree...the ACCs are much more hyped in most parts of NC. (We were at the beach that weekend and every place pretty much had the games one).

However, March Madness is still frount page newspaper material down here and a common water cooler topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary