Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:44 PM

52 posts, read 104,310 times

Advertisements

Good work all,

I think I can work with all of this info- I am definately going to shy away from buying (unless a great deal on a Condo/Townhome) and lean towards apartments.

So now I am wondering if there are any great (non-modern if I must! ) apartments that are near UNC hospital that are close to $1K a month with 2 bedrooms? Also, any other modern places would be appreciated as well!

I am going to come down at some point in the next month and look at some places so I want to see as many nice places close to the hospital that I can!
thanks again all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM

55 posts, read 144,953 times
Southern Village is about 5 minutes from UNC.

Live in Chapel Hill`s Exclusive New Urbanist Neigh

Old 04-02-2009, 08:04 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,158,694 times
^ seems small for the price and not that modern, although it is new.

to the OP:
i know the exchange at brier creek is farther than you want, but you can get a 2BR apt for like 900-1000 there if you talk to them, and as much as i'd like to live in chapel hill, i'm in the same boat as you moneywise. i think i'd wind up with something i don't like as much or can't afford. i'd rather take a longer drive...i have a nice car

Old 04-02-2009, 08:36 PM

757 posts, read 2,083,137 times
Call Carolyn Baucom at 919-614-1191. She owns most of the rentals on Purefoy Road and she is excellent. I rented from her for 2 years and never heard a peep from her unless she needed to fix something at the house. If we had a service request she took care of it fast. Beware of private renters...sometimes they can be intrusive. Carolyn is not and maintains full respect for you while renting from her. Our rent was $800 a month for a 2 bedroom with tile, hardwoods...very tasteful. I would also recommend Finley Forest (Durham address, but very close to Chapel Hill). Tons of grad students live in Finley Forest. Southern village really is awesome if you can find the right price on a rental there. Purefoy is the med school's secret. My roomie at the time was a med student and it appeared that everyone living on that road was a med student, resident, or intern. I wouldn't settle though. Some rentals on Purefoy are not as nice as others. Our particular unit was very nice. Most of the interns and residents live in Durham, Chapel Hill, or Carrboro. You might feel out of the loop if you drove from RTP, etc..if you will be hanging out with your fellow residents. That's all the advice I can think of. Good Luck.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 AM

52 posts, read 104,310 times
Thanks all

mjohnson185- wow thanks for all that info!
Danielle, Babytarheelz, Cam, Sant, Ferro, VaNC- all great info also and will now have to come down for a few days and check out all these great places! will reply more later about what i find!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM

149 posts, read 431,585 times
Southern Village should be a really good option for you. It's super close to the hospital and restaurants and a movie theatre within the neighborhood itself. It contains a good mix of professionals and grad students. However, do not feel locked into the apartments. There are a bunch of townhomes within Southern Village that are rentals and have competitive rates with the apartments. You should explore the townhome angle first. Good luck.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 PM

117 posts, read 263,746 times
Lots of medical students and residents at Meadowmont as well- bus right outside the entrance. Most of the houses near the hospital are not modern, but walkable which is a huge plus especially between McCauley and Purefoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdoc View Post
Thanks all

mjohnson185- wow thanks for all that info!
Danielle, Babytarheelz, Cam, Sant, Ferro, VaNC- all great info also and will now have to come down for a few days and check out all these great places! will reply more later about what i find!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary