Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 08:46 AM

15 posts, read 28,382 times

Advertisements

My son and I attended a nondem church before we relocated with an excellent youth program and ministry which was great for him but the service was just ok for me. I grew up in the African-American baptist church and love a spirit filled service but the churches we have visited have not had many youth options (I remember the days as a kid of sitting through a 2-3 long church service most of which I did not understand). Can anyone reccomend a place that will meet both of our needs AND...has a early am service (start time before the traditional 11am)

I live in Cary right off 55 so could do Cary, Raleigh or Durham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,457,992 times
I've heard great things about Union Baptist Church in Durham, but I haven't been yet. Union Baptist Church - Welcome

Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 PM

835 posts, read 2,869,482 times
We love our church! Wakefield Baptist Church on Falls of the Neuse Road. Trust me with just one visit, and you won't be disappointed! Pastor Scott Parkinson is the best!

We have two Sunday service times: 9:45 and 11:00 am with both times also offering Sunday School for all ages.

We have a great youth program on Sunday nights, in addition to adult small group studies Sunday nights; prayer meeting and youth small groups on Wed nights;and oodles of Bible study opportunities, both at the church, as well as in-home studies thru-out the week. We also have a fantastic music ministry that includes a choir, as well as youth band. Our kids practice on Sunday nights after youth group, and Tue nights include an open jam session for any age with guitar lessons provided free! The youth band is looking for participants for the upcoming Wakestock '09 battle of the bands! (www.wakestockbattle.com)

We have wonderful men's and women's ministries with tons of opportunities there as well. Men's softball will be starting soon! Ladies Extraordinary Women's Conference is next Saturday in High Point featuring Stormie Omartian (Stormie Omartian) and Full House's own Candice Cameron Bure! Only 3 tickets left! DM me if interested for cost & details.

In any event, stop in and visit our church, and I guarantee you will receive a huge Wakefield welcome!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:22 AM

114 posts, read 428,878 times
Providence Baptist Church Glenwood avenue

Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 PM

757 posts, read 2,074,528 times
Colonial Baptist in Cary! We searched for a year and a half for a church in this area. It is a very big church and we are used to small churches. In fact the first time we visited, we pulled up and I said " I'm not going to like this, this is too many people".....After that sermon...it didn't matter how large this church was. Great church! It has a huge youth ministry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary