Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times

Advertisements

With the wide variety of unique natural resources North Carolina has to offer from the mountains to the sea, why would anyone need a steel and concrete amusement park for entertainment? There are still some areas of NC I haven't explored after 47 years of crisscrossing the state, but I'm still working on it.

Last edited by mm34b; 03-28-2007 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
With the wide variety of unique natural resources North Carolina has to offer from the mountains to the sea, why would anyone need a steel and concrete amusement park for entertainment? There are still some areas of NC I haven't explored after 47 years of crisscrossing the state, but I'm still working on it.
Many people do like roller coasters....and those aren't just found in nature. There is room for both natural wonder and man-made amusement.

However, I am spoiled and a bit jaded in this regard since I grew up near Cedar Point in Ohio....none of the parks down here are really true amusement parks like that one....more like more permanent, slightly better fair rides.

The last thing this area needs is another one of this existing caliber. Now, if they'd build a world class park, or expand one of the existing ones that level, we'd be one to something.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:03 AM

139 posts, read 550,530 times
This has been rumored in Clayton for the last 8 yrs while I have lived here. At first it was a water park, then Six Flags. It was actually supposed to be located near the 40/42 exchange. I think there was some initial movement but nothing that got to the serious stage. If you are interested in anything dealing with 40/42 area or Clayton, check out www.4042.com-those (broken link) folks are with it on development/area gossip.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:05 AM

139 posts, read 550,530 times
Ok that should be www.4042.com

Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Alrighty, just re-opening this post again.

There is yet another rumor, they have already started CLEARING OUT an area, right on the outskirts of Johnston County right on the border of a county that starts with an "C".
Cumberland?
Not familar with the neighboring counties. I heard through someone who knows a resident of this particular area and their neighborhood had a meeting about it discussing the upcoming traffic.

If this is true, I'm wondering why this has not leaked to the press yet?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:04 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default all I can say

Lived in NJ I see how these places go from good to bad.

It started out good, then became bad when too many teens looking for trouble started coming. Also it became soooo crowded that it wasnt even worth going. Traffic becomes a mess. Trust me you dont want this near you.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:37 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Lived in NJ I see how these places go from good to bad.

It started out good, then became bad when too many teens looking for trouble started coming. Also it became soooo crowded that it wasnt even worth going. Traffic becomes a mess. Trust me you dont want this near you.
Yes, I'm from NJ...I'll have to second that. I don't think it is the safest place either.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am building a house on Cleveland Road near 42/40 I knew it would eventually become developed but since I am retiring I only will be there 20-30 years. I am coming from Maryland and raised in Jersey. Do I want my money back? I am away from anything with woods between me and Broadmoor.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:03 PM
RDU

40 posts, read 140,570 times
Can any one else confirm these rumors? It seems this would add congestion headaches for those who are trying to escape it.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
So no one has actually heard this thing was definately being built?

I just find it strange they told one or two neighborhoods of the area being cleared out around them for a future Six Flags, but it hasnt been mentioned anywhere else.

By the way, it wont be directly in Clayton, but on the outskirts from what I understand.

Like I dont like sitting in traffic on hwy 70 as it is, I dont see how this is going to help matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary