Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:44 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,646,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolligrump View Post
Ok - Stop scarying me - I start work in Apex in just a few weeks!!!!
Oh, don't be scared.....it really isn't as bad as all these wierd headlines would imply.

It's just local color...that's a bit more colorful at times!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,594,181 times
Well, I don't think they blew it up on purpose - otherwise they probably wouldn't have been sleeping in the house at the time.

Apex was a little crazy last fall but had stayed out of the news until the sheep incident yesterday... so much for sleepy Southern towns!

And in case anyone thinks we are making up the exploding house:

http://www.newsobserver.com/267/story/489253.html (broken link)

Old 03-29-2007, 12:16 AM

43 posts, read 319,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post

An attorney here in Illinois related the story of an underground propane tank that exploded in Door County, Wisconsin. Apparently a contractor had damaged the gas line coming from the propane tank.

http://wfrv.com/topstories/local_story_191073042.html (broken link)

Or what are the odds of a buried steel tank rusting ...
after the sacrificial magnesium anode is depleted-- if they bother to use one

Old 03-29-2007, 03:17 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,554,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Well, I don't think they blew it up on purpose - otherwise they probably wouldn't have been sleeping in the house at the time.

Apex was a little crazy last fall but had stayed out of the news until the sheep incident yesterday... so much for sleepy Southern towns!

"Word on the street" is that they really did know the risk of having 2 propane tanks in there garage (Wouldn't anybody?) and were trying to get in on the insurance monay and pitty....I guess "without a doubt in my mind" is too strong a sentiment...but I'm definitly suspicious. I live on Bergen and usually don't go down to that part of the neighborhood...haven't in a while actually....have they started rebuilding on that lot? Are they going to? Hollands Crossing seems to be a bit of a magnet for Apex tagedies....we had that house blow up, and then last year that poor Apex High student was killed when she flipped her car over the bridge on Apex Barbecue Road right by the back entrance to the neighborhood

Old 03-29-2007, 04:59 PM

35 posts, read 129,522 times
NCorBust-That was a good one!!! thanks for the laugh!

Old 07-21-2007, 04:19 AM

823 posts, read 3,915,017 times
Here's the report on the sheep trial, newsobserver.com | Apex shepherd convicted; animals banned (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/644717.html - broken link)

Old 07-21-2007, 05:29 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,945,748 times
LOL I saw the title and was going to post "not for the 80 sheep in that trailer"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary