Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlonde View Post
Heard of youth sports? Yeah. I thought everyone nationwide had heard of youth sports...
You'd think....but to ask 'are there football leagues for kids?' implies otherwise.....just doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,360 times
Firstly, let me apologize for the snide remarks regarding the wording of your question.

Welcome to Wake Forest!! Most people here in the Wake Forest community are actually very friendly and open to new residents. Many of us are transplants who don't have the benefit of knowing everything about everything local and it can be a lot of work once you move here to research and learn about the many programs available. And that is a good news...there is a lot to offer.

My oldest son participated in the i9 flag football program and loved it.
My two younger sons have played indoor soccer at The Factory and loved it.

I would suggest that once you move here, talk to your neighbors and other parents at your child's school to get more information on the programs. This way you are learning what's available and getting real feedback. You will learn that word-of-mouth is the main form of communication in our community. It definetly provides that small hometown feel but if you came from la arger metropolitan area where everything is spelled out, easy to access and typically over communicated it can be a little time consuming searching for programs on your own. It is always better to ask around. FYI- there are also a lot of sport teams for adults such as tennis, softball, baseball, soccer, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary