Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 05:07 PM

40 posts, read 381,007 times

Advertisements

Thanks a lot, Mr. Brown.

In addition to looking at the houses, I also enjoyed just walking through the Confederate portion of the cemetery, not at night, of course.

I tried to add a few pictures to North Raleigh Guy's great collection, but I screwed up last time. I'll try just a simple upload of a few of my pictures taken at Thanksgiving '04.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of Historic Oakwood Neighborhood in Downtown Raleigh-img_0012.jpg   Pictures of Historic Oakwood Neighborhood in Downtown Raleigh-img_0007.jpg   Pictures of Historic Oakwood Neighborhood in Downtown Raleigh-img_0009.jpg   Pictures of Historic Oakwood Neighborhood in Downtown Raleigh-img_0016.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times
Thumbs up More Pictures of Oakwood

Today after work I took another stroll through a part of the Historic Oakwood Neighborhood in Downtown Raleigh and got a few more pictures to add to the ones contained in my original post.

The Pictures I took today were taken primarily around the area of N. Bloodworth Street and N. East Street.

For those of you not familiar with Raleigh I have included a map below with the green arrow marking the part of Downtown Raleigh these pictures were taken. (Props to BTA for explaining to me how to generate these maps!)

Map

More Oakwood House Pictures (Taken August 15, 2007)

Nice side yard of one of the houses

Yup, that is an old school cigarette vending machine on the front porch!

This one is being renovated

Nice Fountain!

View Looking Down the Street. I noticed a few detached garages (on the right)

This house is narrow, but ver loooong!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Good Job, NRG!
I drove through Oakwood this PM and you did a great job of capturing the various homes.

Earlier I was in Bedford today and just put over 100 photos on my Flickr account.
Plus about 15 of River Run.
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

Old 08-15-2007, 09:27 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,963,723 times
My dream homes! How many dream homes can one possibly have?!?! I LOVE THAT NEIGHBORHOOD. I won't even go visit it, because it is exactly what I like and I'm in no position to buy.

That neighborhood looks very much like the neighborhood I lived in in St. Petersburg, FL (but the houses weren't as large).

So lovely! so uh I guess you can't get anything cheap, eh? :-/

Old 08-15-2007, 09:30 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,056,984 times
What a lovely neighborhood! Thank you so much for taking these pics, NRG.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,277 times
awesome pics!! Thanks so much for posting!! This is EXACTLY the kind of neighborhood I want to live in. When I hit the lottery.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:57 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
So lovely! so uh I guess you can't get anything cheap, eh?
Yeah, it is nice but it isn't cheap! It seems like most of the homes in Oakwood start in the mid $300's and can go all the way up to $800k-$900K!

I love this neighborhood, but like raccemup said, it is going to take some good luck with the lottery to help me to be able to afford it! For now I am limited to enjoying walks through the neighborhood.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:01 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,086,562 times
Wow, I love this neighborhood! I asked a while back where Anderson Dr (Rd?) was because I have a friend who lives in that area and I think they're districted to Broughton HS. I was wondering if it was this neighborhood.

Wow, coming from the Boston area, the prices for these homes are actually reasonable! Some of the larger homes there look similar to homes in my town that go easily for well over $1 million! And there's NOTHING in my town for less than $400K and that's with the tumble house prices have taken lately. We were lucky 10 years ago and got in right before the place took off.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:05 PM

275 posts, read 1,114,676 times
HA...one of those is my friends house!! Our director has owned several and renovated them. Its a great place to walk or drive around...

Old 08-16-2007, 03:05 PM

43,275 posts, read 77,073,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post
Wow, I love this neighborhood! I asked a while back where Anderson Dr (Rd?) was because I have a friend who lives in that area and I think they're districted to Broughton HS. I was wondering if it was this neighborhood.

Wow, coming from the Boston area, the prices for these homes are actually reasonable! Some of the larger homes there look similar to homes in my town that go easily for well over $1 million! And there's NOTHING in my town for less than $400K and that's with the tumble house prices have taken lately. We were lucky 10 years ago and got in right before the place took off.
It IS a beautiful district, isn't it?
If you like bungalows, the adjoining Mordecai neighborhood is rife with them.
It has taken off, but there are still a lot of neat homes at prices well below Oakwood homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary