Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:28 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
I saw Preston mentioned. I looked at a property on Council Gap and was disappointed. Yes there nice houses, lots of mature trees, and woods behind some of the houses. But the sidewalks seemed to go nowhere in particular. I didn't immediately see any parks or places for the kids to walk to and play, though I understand it's a golf community. More than all of that was the airplanes. Three flew over and banked/rollled off over the house in a span of 15 minutes. Way too noisey.
There are many different sections of Preston, built by different builders. And yes, Preston does have some airport noise. I showed that house on Council Gap about 2 weeks ago!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 PM

578 posts, read 3,080,753 times
I looked at 120 Council Gap. Seemed overpriced for how dated it was but the floorplan was nice and spacious with an actual laundry room, not just a closet. There was also at least 3 other properties for sale in the immediate neighborhood in the $399+ range, 1 FSBO right near Davis Dr and two others I believe were listed with Realtors, one right across the street. Seemed like a nice neighborhood. I was really turned off by the airplane noise and the fact that particular street seemed to have nothing to walk to as far as I could tell.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:49 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I used to live in Irongate. My days were spent pushing the baby stroller around the lake in Coronada Village. Didn't they fill in the lake?
Vicki
I was at Coronado Village today.
No, the lake is now refilled.
The dam drained during Floyd. (I think.)
After years of back and forth, the dam is fixed, and there are ducks, geese and even a couple of swans that frequent the place.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:06 PM

578 posts, read 3,080,753 times
Picture of Council Gap in Cary heading towards Davis Dr.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:31 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
I live in Irongate, and yes, they finally filled the lake. Coronado Village is one of my favorite neighborhoods back here :-). It's lovely here, although I realize it's unassuming for the average re-locater.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I live in Irongate, and yes, they finally filled the lake. Coronado Village is one of my favorite neighborhoods back here :-). It's lovely here, although I realize it's unassuming for the average re-locater.
Actually, lamishra, I get so many requests for entry level housing, with folks who end up in Johnston County and commuting to RTP, I think it is a mistake to overlook Irongate and Coronado Village.
Fantasticly convenient location!
Right?

Old 04-22-2007, 03:47 PM

6 posts, read 19,124 times
I, too, prefer the older neighborhoods! I was just down looking last weekend and will probably only look at older homes (10yrs or so). We are more concerned with high schools and middle schools. Any advice?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,451 times
My family is looking for a small older home (1930s-1970s) located in a walkable part of town (we would frequent the library, the post office, and local shops, as well) where large, plush, wooded lots are in abundance. Would someone be willing to give me either street names or area names, so that we can more easily locate a home? We are even willing to rent for a time before buying. When we do buy we will want to stay under 160k; is this even possible in Cary? Also, this is a non sequitor, but are there any families whose educational philosophies are in synch with the Waldorf schools and anthroposophy??

Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacaochica View Post
My family is looking for a small older home (1930s-1970s) located in a walkable part of town (we would frequent the library, the post office, and local shops, as well) where large, plush, wooded lots are in abundance. Would someone be willing to give me either street names or area names, so that we can more easily locate a home? We are even willing to rent for a time before buying. When we do buy we will want to stay under 160k; is this even possible in Cary? Also, this is a non sequitor, but are there any families whose educational philosophies are in synch with the Waldorf schools and anthroposophy??

Here's a map to help you get started.

$150,000 is about minimum list price in the Heart of Cary.
You can get something for under $160,000, but they don't last long.
Renting while you get ready to buy is not a bad idea, and there are rentals around, too.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
2/22/11
Found this thread in my searches, wanted to know thoughts about the Greenwood Acres Neighborhood? In particular the Vickie Drive/Brunson Ct/Debra Dr/Doylin Drive area? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary