Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 05:51 PM

365 posts, read 1,206,698 times

Advertisements

It was the one at the Future New Hope Park.

We were planning to attend, and got there around 10:15 (hunt was set to begin at 10:30). It was a mob scene. There were so many cars there, so many people. There was one single-lane entry to the park, multiple parking areas, all nearly full. We realized immediately that if we stayed for the egg hunt, there would be no way we could get out of there to make our other commitment in time, so we looped around and asked one of the numerous parking attendants how to get out of there. The only exit was the same long single-lane road that brought us in! We had to wait for a long line of cars to get in, and then they radioed ahead to tell the patrol officers at the entrance to stop traffic (I felt bad about this - we weren't in a hurry at all at this point, but they felt just as bad about us having to wait). While we waited, we chatted with the parking attendants, who told us they had been yelled at, cursed at, etc., which is just rotten. Most of these folks were volunteering.

Anyway, we made it out easily, but I'm wondering if someone who was there can tell me what it was like getting out. Did they open a separate exit? All indications pointed to a nightmare of an exit scenario.

Next year I will pack a lunch for us and not make plans for later, and we can hang out at the park after the hunt until the traffic is gone. I think the crowds must have been considerably underestimated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary