Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,967 times

Advertisements

would u like me to come give you a bid also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:45 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,878,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
The cost to pour and cut a 30 x 25 pad was $3,100. I had bids up to $4,400. They had to buggy up the cement and gravel to the area as the cement truck sat in front of my house. It was a 1 day process to pour it on a fairly level area and then they came back the next day to cut them in sections.

Oh, and they were so kind to get me when it was time for my boys to put their handprints into the slab that I had asked them about when they first came out.
Anytime concrete has to be manually hauled will increase the cost due to the extra manpower and labor required. I had to pay extra for a concrete pump company to come in and pump the concrete to my back yard which also requires a more expensive concrete mix, but it was worth it.

The tricky part was to get both the cement truck and the pumper at the jobsite at the same time because the pump company charges by the hour whether they're pumping concrete or just sitting in the truck waiting for the cement truck to arrive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary