Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,197,550 times

Advertisements

I came across this house yesterday when visitng the Brookhaven neighborhood of North Raleigh. I like this house becuase it resembles a barn and has a cool slate roof. The color is quite interesting to me as well. This home is for sale and from my search online I discovered it is over 3,700 square feet (which was surprising considering it looks smaller to me from the outside). Apperently this house is a William Poole original design.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 11:54 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,624,430 times
Well for what it is worth, you are more than allowed to take a picture of someone's home or even car-- or license plate-- even them without their permission as long as you are no on their property.

I find this out after one night when I parked behind my friend's car at his condo in Cary. I did not pull into a parking space as he was just going to get out and retrieve my house keys from his car (I had been out of town and he was house sitting for me). Some older lady was taking her trash out to the dumpster and I noticed she stared at both him and me pretty hard. I took out my car key from the ignition when my friend got back in the car so that I could put my house keys back on my keychain. It was at that moment, I saw bright flashing from my rear view mirror. The woman was behind my car busy taking pictures of my car, license plate, and my friend and I.

It didn't help that while out of town it had been a stressful family affair so I got out of my car and asked the lady if there was a problem. She told me she was on the board of an HOA and was taking pictures since I was being suspicious. I was rather incredulous and said something to the effect of lady I am here to pick up my house keys from a friend who lives here and who parks in the exact same spot every single day. She said it was her duty to keep the neighborhood safe and if I was not suspicious something along the lines of I shouldn't be concerned-- I think I ended up telling her she was crazy.

I had no idea what could be done about license plate and what if she happened to try and report me for criminal activity so I called the Cary Police. The policeman said that honestly even though it was weird to be taking pictures of my car, actions, and licence plate she was well within her rights according to free speech, etc. He said that is why sometimes when he is responding to an accident there are people who will stop and take pictures or record the scene and there is nothing he can do about it. He basically said I could sit in front of people's homes while on the street and take pictures and a homeowner could not really do anything about it as long as I am not on private property.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:58 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,856,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
CD, "historic" was meant as a joke. Hence the smiley face.

Your rudeness is tiresome.
interesting to note that when I made an equally sarcastic comment about the post by CD that 'home sales were surging' it was deleted by Sunnkayak for being a 'personal attack'

seems to me double standards in that Charlton Dude can be as rude as he likes but the rest of us are censored IMHO

Old 07-25-2009, 11:09 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,197,550 times
Thumbs up July 25, 2009

It has been a while but I thought I would add some new pictures to the "Houses of Raleigh Project". I came across these next three while driving through the Henley community in North Raleigh just off of Durant Road near Six Forks Road.

I like this house because it is a ranch but has a two car garage. I also like the look of the curved driveway!

Here is another neat ranch home. It is a little tough to tell from the pictures but it a a brick home painted white. I love that look.

The thing I like about this house is large front porch and the mature trees in the background.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:36 PM

88 posts, read 286,788 times
Go take some pics of this house. You might even use a whole memory card
10761 TREGO TRL RALEIGH NC 27614

Old 07-25-2009, 01:01 PM

1,967 posts, read 948,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drson81 View Post
Go take some pics of this house. You might even use a whole memory card
10761 TREGO TRL RALEIGH NC 27614
Sure, next time you eat at an Applebee's or Carino's, you won't have to look far to see where your money is going. !8,000 + sqft of great living.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:09 PM

88 posts, read 286,788 times
dont forget O2 fitness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary