Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times

Advertisements

Start a community watch...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 07:15 AM

662 posts, read 1,643,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyInRaleighNC View Post
I walk dogs in the area, as does one of my employees. We have had several clients tell us this past week and weekend to be aware of the robberies that are happening in Five Points.

Today a police car was on Aycock St and a officer was coming out of someone's house, I asked him if he caught them yet and he said not all of them. I told him I pet sit in the area as does other girls that work for me, he asked if we carried cell phones, I said yes. He said to be on the lookout for a white panel van, no windows, no ladder rack and with a fedex sticker on it - if we see it to call 911 immediately.

There has been break-ins on Dale St, that is where is started a few weeks ago and New Rd, Reaves, Bickett Blvd, and now Aycock St has been hit. They take things in daylight and at night, and sometimes people have even been home.

Please lock your doors even if you are home and be aware of what is going on around you at all times and if you have an alarm system use it!

Cindy
Ack! Ok we were out walking last night around Pershing and Gavin, and on Gavin near Larry's Beans there is a white van with that description parked in one of the business parking lots (it's a gravel lot with a fence around it) - white panel van, no windows, half a FedEx sticker on one side. The business was closed and it was just parked in there like it belonged there. I wonder if we should call the police... anyone heard any updates about this?

Old 04-23-2009, 07:35 AM

451 posts, read 1,653,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRhythm View Post
Ack! Ok we were out walking last night around Pershing and Gavin, and on Gavin near Larry's Beans there is a white van with that description parked in one of the business parking lots (it's a gravel lot with a fence around it) - white panel van, no windows, half a FedEx sticker on one side. The business was closed and it was just parked in there like it belonged there. I wonder if we should call the police... anyone heard any updates about this?
What do you think? Just give all the info to the police, per their request, and let them sort it out. Maybe your tip would be just what they need to close that case or give them more leads. Or you could ignore it and hope the problem goes away on its own. It's up to you and how much you care about your community. [This is the collective you, and directed towards all of us, me included.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyInRaleighNC View Post
Today a police car was on Aycock St and a officer was coming out of someone's house, I asked him if he caught them yet and he said not all of them. I told him I pet sit in the area as does other girls that work for me, he asked if we carried cell phones, I said yes. He said to be on the lookout for a white panel van, no windows, no ladder rack and with a fedex sticker on it - if we see it to call 911 immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary