Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 08:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

Need recommendations for small koi pond builder. In Chapel Hill. Also anybody ever tried to move koi the 400 miles from atlanta to chapel Hill? I know koi are flown all over the world and i've researched moving koi on line but would like to talk to somebody who has actually done it. We left 17 or 20 some 15 year old huge beautiful koi in our pond in atlanta and are hoping to move them here before our house sells. Don't think we are in any hurry with the market like it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:00 AM

632 posts, read 1,844,515 times
I'll be eagerly waiting any responses to this myself. I have 3, quite big, 11-yr-old goldfish I'd like to take with us from IL to NC. They're in a small pond right now, but we'll be moving into an apt. until we can find a house (and create a new pond), so I'll have to put them in an aquarium for awhile. Thank goodness there are only 3 of them--not like your many! Good luck to you.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM

21 posts, read 55,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Need recommendations for small koi pond builder. In Chapel Hill. Also anybody ever tried to move koi the 400 miles from atlanta to chapel Hill? I know koi are flown all over the world and i've researched moving koi on line but would like to talk to somebody who has actually done it. We left 17 or 20 some 15 year old huge beautiful koi in our pond in atlanta and are hoping to move them here before our house sells. Don't think we are in any hurry with the market like it is.

No Kudzu, you might consider contacting Down to Earth Landscapes www.raleighlandscape.com They do a lot of Koi pond installations, and shouldbe able to help you with your project.
Dave:-)

Old 04-30-2009, 08:00 PM

25 posts, read 55,444 times
Hey there No Kudzu and TabbyCats, Have you tried to move yet? Wondered how it went. I have a small pond but happened to get wiped out a few weeks ago by a Heron. We only have three very large Koi left. Playing with moving and wondered if we could take the fish with us.

Tabbycats, have you thought about renting a house rather than being in a complex? They may welcome a beautiful water feature in their yard!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:18 AM

632 posts, read 1,844,515 times
We already have an apartment lease (6 mo) signed, and I've decided to re-home the fish here at our old home. I've been "interviewing" potential pond homes for them (posted with "Pets" on Craigslist). I decided not to move them because our elderly 21-yr-old kitty died last week, and without her to worry about, I thought it would be nice not to have any pet worries....a nice, "fresh" start.

However, I was going to visit a local fish hobby place and purchase some styrofoam containers that they get shipments in (one for each of our 3 rather large fish). Take an aerator, plug it into a converter and into the cigarette lighter of the vehicle. Get a 3-way splitter coming out of the aerator and have a hose running to each container (w/ a hole drilled in lid for the hose to pass through. Fill each container about half full and use their current water with a few squirts of slimecoat protector. I figured that would get them there the best I knew how.....

Good luck in moving your fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary