Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:06 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,701 times

Advertisements

Anyone who says Holly Springs is far doesn't live in town or is riding a bike . I can get to Rex Hospital (Western Raleigh) in 20 minutes from the center of HS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 04:28 AM

446 posts, read 1,394,436 times
Holly Springs is in a great location...close to HWY 1 and RT 55...you can get anywhere pretty fast. If you want a house with a large lot, try the areas between HS and Fuquay off Sunset Lake Road or off Bass Lake Road. Real nice.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:02 AM

515 posts, read 1,716,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC81 View Post
Nice area, but a LONG way from civilization. It's grown a lot recently with the search for cheaper housing. It could be a good choice depending on if you work out that way.
Not sure why you say this?? It is right between two large cities - Apex and Fuquay and is itself a larger town. It takes about 20 minutes to get to Raleigh, which in many cases is less time than it takes to drive from one end of Crapital Blvd in Raleigh to the other.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:02 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
It is definitely worth a visit. I think Holly Springs is a very good choice for some. However, your job location and commute should be considered. I work with several people who commute from Holly Spings to downtown Raleigh. As the crow flies it is not that far, but the traffic during rush hour makes their commute 45 minutes on a regular basis. That is a deal breaker for me.
This would definitely be a consideration for most, especially if you are the type to stay with the same company for a long time and want the short commute. My husband works in Garner so he is usually going against the flow of traffic and his commute is about 25 minutes.

We chose HS though because of it's "central" location. He wanted to be close to most of the industry around here but didn't want to live in a congested suburban area. From HS we can get to the city, Garner and RTP all in about 30-40 minutes with rush hour.

When we moved here we didn't let his job dictate where we would live per say. I didn't want to move to Garner/Clayton because it was an easy commute, only to find out he was changing jobs and going to be commuting to RTP...that would have been a haul for him everyday.

But, you have to figure out what works best for you and your situation. For us, this is what worked best.

If you are going to spend a lot of time in Wake Forest, be prepared for a hairy commute if you choose HS! We spent a lot of weekends at the Ice Factory for hockey during our season and it was a haul up there (just a few minutes under an hour). I can't imagine what it would be like in rush hour to get from HS to that area. Capital Blvd seemed to be the best route but that road drove me BONKERS! Great for shopping, not for commuting

Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 AM

11 posts, read 22,566 times
Will do thanks

Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 AM

8 posts, read 10,527 times
We are also considering Holly Springs. How is the traffic to RTP/Downtown Raleigh?

How does Holly Springs compare to Apex?

Also - when you say only one school with "traditional" calendar, what does that mean?

Thanks so much - I'm such a novice.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:44 AM

What is the purpose of the all year round school compared to Traditional School..in HS????

Old 04-15-2009, 10:46 AM

Why do they make that choice for the different school's???In HS

Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 PM

446 posts, read 1,394,436 times
It
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK OF JERSEY View Post
What is the purpose of the all year round school compared to Traditional School..in HS????
It's not just HS....it's all over the triangle.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:58 PM

767 posts, read 1,848,089 times
As for me, I do the commute regularly to downtown Raleigh from HS and its 35 mins tops. I start work at 8:30 and that helps...if you go earlier than that add at least 10 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary