U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:37 AM

212 posts, read 984,113 times

Advertisements

Buyers beware, first Beyond Fitness now Peak Fitness.
Here is the NO article > Four Peak Fitness clubs seek bankruptcy protection - Business - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/1480790.html#Comments_Container - broken link)

I noticed the one in Apex (55 Hwy) changed back to previous owners K^x
Since then gone through so very nice cleanings and renovations. I hope they continue to let peak members use this gym for a while.

Kind of venting here but I am kinda glad Peak Fitness is going bust they deserve it for taking peoples $ and not up keeping or cleaning the facilities. You should have seen the showers in the Clayton Facility
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:51 AM

387 posts, read 974,962 times
You get what you pay for. Health clubs like Peak Fitness that charge members $20 per month or less on average provide services commensurate with the price: small, poorly located facilities, out-of-date or worn-out equipment, few staff, dirty locker rooms, etc.

Membership at a well-maintained club with decent, abundant equipment, professional staff and clean locker rooms will run you $35 per month, minimum.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:15 AM

10,689 posts, read 21,535,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson919 View Post

Membership at a well-maintained club with decent, abundant equipment, professional staff and clean locker rooms will run you $35 per month, minimum.
And some of us pay that much and still don't get professional staff or well-tended locker rooms...

Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,457,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson919 View Post
You get what you pay for. Health clubs like Peak Fitness that charge members $20 per month or less on average provide services commensurate with the price: small, poorly located facilities, out-of-date or worn-out equipment, few staff, dirty locker rooms, etc.

There are exceptions to that rule. I used to workout at LA Fitness (there isn't one here in the Carolinas) and I paid $30 a month and the club had an abundance of equipment, professional satff and clean locker rooms. And it was located in a very nice area. Oh and the women and men in the club were beautiful and easy going and they actually came to work on a regular basis even though they were in shape. Strange how that happens. I'm just saying.

Last edited by he's so hott; 04-15-2009 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM

10,689 posts, read 21,535,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
There are exceptions to that rule. I used to workout at LA Fitness (there isn't one here in the Carolinas) and I paid $30 a month and the club had an abundance of equipment, professional satff and clean locker rooms. And it was located in a very nice area.

We aren't talking about LA, we're talking about NC.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:47 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,457,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
We aren't talking about LA, we're talking about NC.
Oh, I know. I wasn't in LA but I still worked out at LA Fitness.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 AM

387 posts, read 974,962 times
Its kind of like how you can eat at Jersey Mike's with actually being in New Jersey, or New York Deli withough actually being in New York. Or enjoy dinner at Bahama Breeze without actually stepping foot in an island paradise. Or sip Seattle's Best coffee without ever leaving Raleigh.

In the words of Lois Griffin... "Please... Please... We can't take anymore shtick!"

Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM

621 posts, read 2,127,253 times
I hate gyms that do that... charge people differently depending upon what time of year they join or how they negotiate.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 AM

137 posts, read 640,189 times
Wow and I was just thinking about leaving Impact Athletics for Peak too.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:51 PM

9,680 posts, read 25,991,019 times
My landlord gives us a free 24 hour gym with cardio and strength machines.

Can't beat that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>